Engine Noise

I too have experienced loud engine tapping noise in my RX 350. It is loud when the car is cold and somewhat better when warm. Still, for a luxury vehicle, this engine appears to be very unrefined. The dealer says it is due to Lexus move to a timing chain (vs belt). He said that by avoiding the belt, owners will save $900 in future service cost. I believe that if owners can afford to buy a Lexus, they would choose a smooth, quiet, sophisticated engine for 80,000 miles and then pay the $900 to change the belt.

Is there any solution to quieting this engine? Thank you

I too have experienced loud engine tapping noise in my RX 350. It is loud when the car is cold and somewhat better when warm. Still, for a luxury vehicle, this engine appears to be very unrefined. The dealer says it is due to Lexus move to a timing chain (vs belt). He said that by avoiding the belt, owners will save $900 in future service cost. I believe that if owners can afford to buy a Lexus, they would choose a smooth, quiet, sophisticated engine for 80,000 miles and then pay the $900 to change the belt.

Is there any solution to quieting this engine? Thank you

Haven't found a solution yet, but I'd just like to add that yes, when the car is cold, it will be noticeably louder when driving around. And I also want to add that I recently took a ride in my friend's RX 330 which is how refined I'd like the RX350 to be. The rumble that the RX350 makes reminds me of driving around in a mini-van.