What Shocks And Springs Are Good To Buy?!?

v.i.p.

I was wondering should I buy kyb shocks with tanabe springs? whats your guys view and tell me the good and bad between kyb,tokico, and bilstein shocks. What springs do you prefer H & R, eibach, or tanabe springs.Thanks if you can help...just started on this forum. :rolleyes:

tell me why do you want to install aftermarket springs in the first place?

I have a 1992 ls 400 and there is a big gap that i want to get rid of. The factory springs are decent but when i take turn it tend to dip or go down in the front or in the direction i'm going in. I just want to make my car low profile that s it

I have heard good things regarding the Bilstein HD shocks for the GS. Great replacement for OEM shocks due to no reduction in ride height and smooth like OEM ride quality.

Driving a vehicle equipped with Bilstein Gas Pressure Shock Absorbers is an exhilarating experience. There is, quite literally, nothing like it. Unbelievable control and stability. Precise handling. Ultimate performance. And incredible comfort.

HEAVY DUTY (HD) - For most vehicles including full-size sedans, SUVs and trucks. These shocks provide improved handling and stability without sacrificing ride comfort. They offer super damping ability that makes them ideal for heavy hauling for occasional off-road use, while maintaining an exceptional “street” ride.

I have heard good things regarding the Bilstein HD shocks for the GS. Great replacement for OEM shocks due to no reduction in ride height and smooth like OEM ride quality.

Driving a vehicle equipped with Bilstein Gas Pressure Shock Absorbers is an exhilarating experience. There is, quite literally, nothing like it. Unbelievable control and stability. Precise handling. Ultimate performance. And incredible comfort.

HEAVY DUTY (HD) - For most vehicles including full-size sedans, SUVs and trucks. These shocks provide improved handling and stability without sacrificing ride comfort. They offer super damping ability that makes them ideal for heavy hauling for occasional off-road use, while maintaining an exceptional “street” ride.

i put h&r springs on mine and they lowered it 1 inch, i would like to put a 2 inch drop in the rear, but the h&r's have a great ride to them, i suggest using tokico blue shocks

if you install new OEM shocks the GAP is going to disappear. changing the OEM shocks with aftermarket ones will sacrifice whole lexus quality ride. toyota invested millions of dollars to make is smooth and soft as it is, any other shocks are going to destroy it. OEM shocks are just as much money as aftermakret ones.

i put h&r springs on mine and they lowered it 1 inch, i would like to put a 2 inch drop in the rear, but the h&r's have a great ride to them, i suggest using tokico blue shocks

how much did it cost you and how is the ride comfort?

if you install new OEM shocks the GAP is going to disappear. changing the OEM shocks with aftermarket ones will sacrifice whole lexus quality ride. toyota invested millions of dollars to make is smooth and soft as it is, any other shocks are going to destroy it. OEM shocks are just as much money as aftermakret ones.

are you saying i should get another set of oem shocks and decrease the ride height?

you dont even have to decrease the height. if you want stiffer ride, install tires with bigger speed rating. i installed kyb shocks once, drove for 2 weeks and went for OEM setup.

i installed Z rated tires and that gave me much better handling while i was able to keep the ride quality of the lexus.