Rx 350 Transmission Issues

Hey all,

I have a 2007 RX 350 and I recently upgraded from the 2004 Rx 330 that had terrible transmission shiftings and such.. has anyone ever experienced a sluggish transmission or transmission shifting with the 2007 rx 350?

There is also a rattle that seems to come from the back of the car, not the dash. Has anyone had that?

I am very skeptical about it only because My 2004 rx 330 was so bad that lexus had to buy it back... But they assured me that all of my problems would be solved with the RX 350..

Please give me your thoughts?

Hey all,

I have a 2007 RX 350 and I recently upgraded from the 2004 Rx 330 that had terrible transmission shiftings and such.. has anyone ever experienced a sluggish transmission or transmission shifting with the 2007 rx 350?

There is also a rattle that seems to come from the back of the car, not the dash. Has anyone had that?

I am very skeptical about it only because My 2004 rx 330 was so bad that lexus had to buy it back... But they assured me that all of my problems would be solved with the RX 350..

Yep, I've had both issues in my 08 RX 350. Check this forum for posts on both issues. You can search my name or click on it to get to my posts on the issues.

The transmission lag seems to have gone away or has been gotten used to. The transmission is supposed to "learn" how you drive and adjust accordingly. Sounds like smoke and mirrors to me.

Hey all,

Yep, I've had both issues in my 08 RX 350. Check this forum for posts on both issues. You can search my name or click on it to get to my posts on the issues.

The transmission lag seems to have gone away or has been gotten used to. The transmission is supposed to "learn" how you drive and adjust accordingly. Sounds like smoke and mirrors to me.

Smoke and mirrors is mostly correct...

There are many "learning" aspects of the engine/transaxle ECU, such as continuously tracking the paramter drift of of the various sensors involved in engine and transaxle control, especially for emissions control. And yes, these are driver style/tecnique parameters that are "learned" from the first time you start the vehicle in motion and all the way up to the time you switch off the ignition. At which point ALL learned driver style/technique parameters are ERASED.

From posts throughout the various automotive forums on the internet as of the '08 MY Toyota and Lexus have not yet solved the 1-2 second delay/hesitation problem when a quick transaxle downshift is required for acceleration subsequent to a brief full lift-throttle event.

Hey all,

So is this vechical even worth keeping... I thought I was getting a good buy with it being lexus.. But whats the deal here... I am so confused

Don't become too negative because of the posts on this site. Happy people rarely post but angry or frustrated people post quite a bit. Out of the hundreds of thousands of Lexus cars there is going to be a design flaw or component failure occasionally. An issue is magnified herein due to the back-and-forth postings. Lexus just has far fewer problems than most other manufacturers.

Dumping the Lexus would likely result in getting a replacement. Before you do so, check forums for the anticipated car and see what they have to say. I'll bet you decide to stick with the Lexus.

You may want to check Consumer Report's auto section and read the reviews by owners. CR has no affiliation and freely posts owners' comments.

Don't become too negative because of the posts on this site. Happy people rarely post but angry or frustrated people post quite a bit. Out of the hundreds of thousands of Lexus cars there is going to be a design flaw or component failure occasionally. An issue is magnified herein due to the back-and-forth postings. Lexus just has far fewer problems than most other manufacturers.

Dumping the Lexus would likely result in getting a replacement. Before you do so, check forums for the anticipated car and see what they have to say. I'll bet you decide to stick with the Lexus.

You may want to check Consumer Report's auto section and read the reviews by owners. CR has no affiliation and freely posts owners' comments.

Thanks, you said the same thing as my husband,,, stop reading all the bad stuff, it will turn you against lexus...And you are right, I have test driven the BMW X5, the infiniti, range rover, mercedes.. Just about all of the other suv's out there and they all had something that could have been better.

Thanks for helping me keep things in perspective...

You are absolutely correct. There is way too much negativity on these message boards. It seems that in my quest to find an upscale vehicle every board that I go onto there is a rash of negative comments. I guess that only those that have problems with their vehicles post often and the satisfied owners just browse.

You are absolutely correct. There is way too much negativity on these message boards. It seems that in my quest to find an upscale vehicle every board that I go onto there is a rash of negative comments. I guess that only those that have problems with their vehicles post often and the satisfied owners just browse.

Do you realize that a slight imperfection can dramatically enhance an already beautiful thing??

Like Marilyn Monroe's mole..??

• Like 1