Gauge Cluster Trouble Help!

91-LS_400

I was driving my car when the guage cluster startwed to flicker on and off. i donno why it was doing it. Now the cluster turned all the way off and it doesnt turn on at all. Instead the car beeps because for some reason the cars says that a door is open and theres is no door open. this started when the cluster turned off. N e help is appreciated.

I was driving my car when the guage cluster startwed to flicker on and off. i donno why it was doing it. Now the cluster turned all the way off and it doesnt turn on at all. Instead the car beeps because for some reason the cars says that a door is open and theres is no door open. this started when the cluster turned off. N e help is appreciated.

Oddly enough this just happened to the gauges on my 1998 LS400 too. I replaced the fuse in the drivers footwell, even though the old one was not blown (checked with meter). However a few miles of driving and the gauges malfunctioned again, dropping to nothing or even worse all going horizontal.

I checked the battery voltage and found my terminal leads do not fully tighten on the battery posts. The terminals were loose!! No wonder the thing was getting upset. I also had the VSC lightcome on mysteriously, it was linked to this also.

Put some copper wire under the clamp and have not had the problem since.

Hope yours is similar.