Wife Looking At A New Car

jgr7

My wife looked at the 2008 Volvo XC90 :blushing: , she wants to trade in the 2000 RX and get one of these. My question is has any one here had anything to do with this model of Volvo? What are your thoughts? It seems a little big for her but she really likes it. Around 46K + T&L pretty well loaded.

Thanks Jeff

My wife looked at the 2008 Volvo XC90 :blushing: , she wants to trade in the 2000 RX and get one of these. My question is has any one here had anything to do with this model of Volvo? What are your thoughts? It seems a little big for her but she really likes it. Around 46K + T&L pretty well loaded.

Thanks Jeff

Consumer Reports thinks it is junk. Check some other sources as well such as Edmunds for reviews.

Thanks Jeff

Consumer Reports thinks it is junk. Check some other sources as well such as Edmunds for reviews.

Agree. Have been considered cars to avoid (from reliability standpoint). The XC70 is a much better choice and actually has a good reliability record past few years. That said, 2008 XC70 is a new model--6 cyl from S80 as opposed to 2007 5 cyl. turbo, so reliability unproven. Performance reviews have been good. XC70 far more likely to be taken offroad than XC90. I may end up with an XC70 since has nearly as many whistles and bells, and don't think the RX330 has enough luggage space for my needs.

I have never beena fan of Volvos. They engineer things quite a bit different than most companies. They do have a sturdy frame and chassis, but I do not trust much of the engineering they do.....I have worked on many late models in the past, so they may have made improvements since? Wise thing to do is search Volvo forums and look for things like you see in this forum.....

I'm seeing a fair amount of Transmission troubles, not what I want to have to deal with. I am still reading on fourms and web sites thanks. Any other thoughts from any one are welcome. I'm still trying to get her to take a test ride on the new RX350.

Jeff

We got the 08 RX350 on Saturday, Breakwater Blue with nav and just about everything except Mark Levinson stereo. No more worries about the 2000 RX and trans failure. I will be moving over to the 350 side most of the time but will still lurk around here. Thanks for all the help you guys give.

Jeff