Security System Question

mebush

I have a '91 LS 400 with minor but inconvenient dilema. I have both the keyless entry master key and a manual master key (not a valet key). The problem is that to unlock the car manually with either key they must be used in the passenger door. If unlocked from the driver's door the alarm goes off. Any ideas????

I've got the same problem... I tried squirting some electrical parts cleaner in there thinking it was a dirty connection. That helped, but what happens now is that the door lock sensor for the alarm system doesn't disengage when unlocked with the key.... the dealer said it was about $110 for a new cylinder plus keying fee, but I can live with it for a while....

• 3 weeks later...
I've got the same problem... I tried squirting some electrical parts cleaner in there thinking it was a dirty connection. That helped, but what happens now is that the door lock sensor for the alarm system doesn't disengage when unlocked with the key.... the dealer said it was about $110 for a new cylinder plus keying fee, but I can live with it for a while....

Don't wait to long, I waited and now I can't use my drivers side door. A shop said it would cost me 200.00 just to open it not to repair it. So I'm going to try and fix it myself.