Not The Best Christmas Present

Liammr2

So, drive 10 hours in the '96 LS400 to visitfriends and family. At the last stop of the evening park in a street. Come out and someone had clipped the driver's side mirror with there mirror and smashed it totally :-(. Time to call the insurance agent and see how much this is going to hurt the budget. *And* we have the 10 hour drive home to look forward to with no mirror.

A friend of mine had that happen to him. He said the mirror cost about $ 500 to replace.

So, drive 10 hours in the '96 LS400 to visitfriends and family. At the last stop of the evening park in a street. Come out and someone had clipped the driver's side mirror with there mirror and smashed it totally :-(. Time to call the insurance agent and see how much this is going to hurt the budget. *And* we have the 10 hour drive home to look forward to with no mirror.

I have always thought the auto retracting mirrors on my car were kind of a silly feature, but I can surely appreciate it now...

Short story about mirrors, Went to my wifes mother and fathers house and it was the first time they saw the Lexus. Her father saw the mirror turned in and must have thought someone bumped it so he corrected it. When I started the car and went to look on the passenger mirror it was totally rotated to the right side of the car.. so I had to get out and correct it. He had this look of astonishment regarding these mirrors moving by themselves when you start the car and was a little embarassed by what he had done.. He thought he was helping us out..

I guess I should be glad he did not break it!!

90 - 94 ls mirrors are going for around $50 on Ebay...