Dvd Installation

scottmcc

Hello all

I purchased the ultimate lockpick 1 and installed a DVD\MP3 Player in my glove box.

I am really satisfied with the video and sound quality of the DVD. Ultimate lockpick worked as it said it would.

Total installation cost was $200 in Labor.. $200 for lock pick and $100 for DVD player..

There are some audio problems that we had to work out and I am not so sure that it is not the DVD player that is causing them and I plan to do some testing over the Holidays. I have noticed that when the DVD RCA audio cables are plugged into the Lexus sound system there is a drop in volume for all other inputs, SAT, CD, FM, etc. If the DVD player power is turned off then all audio is cancelled and will not come back on unless the power to the DVD player is turned on. Again I thing this is a problem with the DVD player as i have not seen anyone else with this issue. My resolve right now is to keep the DVD power on and or unplug the RCA output cables from the DVD player until I get this issue resolved..

Here are some pix..

The cable picture is what you get from coastal for $200.. The other two are the custom installation of the DVD player installed on the removable shelf in the glove box..DVD player has a remote eye and is controlled via remote so the glove box can remained closed for operation.

post-55064-1198296938_thumb.jpg

post-55064-1198296964_thumb.jpg

post-55064-1198296985_thumb.jpg

Word of caution...The only way I have been able to get to the DVD function is by voice command.. None of the options that I have tried using the function buttons have opened the DVD operation screen.

It is not a problem for me and I kind of like it that way but if you do not have voice command functioning you may have a problem getting it to work..

If anyone is successful in getting it to work without the voice command i would like to try thier procedure..

• 1 month later...

hey

Can somebody tell me how to open the nav display console and how to remove the nav display so i can install my ultimate lockpick.

if you can send me some pic expalined how it will be better.

thank

my email address is fais_am@hotmail.com

Word of caution...The only way I have been able to get to the DVD function is by voice command.. None of the options that I have tried using the function buttons have opened the DVD operation screen.

It is not a problem for me and I kind of like it that way but if you do not have voice command functioning you may have a problem getting it to work..

If anyone is successful in getting it to work without the voice command i would like to try thier procedure..

I have proplem in my voice command functioning and i'm going to install ultimate lockpick.

can you tell me please how to get to the DVD function without the voice command key. ???

My "DVD Player" command does not always work either. I sometimes have to repeat it many times..

Mine is not working at all. Is that means that i'm not going to enjoy the Video and audio input to my lexus after the installation?? :cries: