06 Es330 Won't Start- Key Doesn't Work Either

i have a 2006 es 330 and none of the key functions work (lock, unlock, trunk). i manually opened the door thinking it was a key battery and tried to start the car. the key turns, but the engine won't start- it won't even TRY to start- dead silence.

none of the functions in the car work- lights, trunk pop, etc... none of the lights in the car light up either.

i read in the manual this could be a problem of a broken key, which activates the engine immobilization system. i'm new to this, so i'd like to hear other people's opinions. also, if this is the case, how do i go about fixing this, and if anyone knows the general cost of this, i'd be grateful as well...

thanks, and please help!

I haven't checked that yet- but was going to (after calling in to lexus) would that make the entire car shut down? and does that mean that the battery is completely dead so i will have to change it, or after a jump it will be alright for a bit?

thanks for responding by the way