'92 Ls - Sudden Windshield Fogging - Anyone..?

wwest

I'm just curious as to how many '92 LS400 owners have experienced the same problem I did early in the ownership.

Windshield suddenly fogging up about 5 miles into an early morning, cool morning, drive.

Windshield fogging up spontaneously, suddenly, seemingly for no reason.

Windshield fogging up when driving from a moderately cool (40-50F) climate into a colder, sub-freezing, one.

I'm just curious as to how many '92 LS400 owners have experienced the same problem I did early in the ownership.

Windshield suddenly fogging up about 5 miles into an early morning, cool morning, drive.

Windshield fogging up when driving from a moderately cool (40-50F) climate into a colder, sub-freezing, one.

on the inside? if so ur heater core might be leaking, check your carpet on the passenger side

on the inside? if so ur heater core might be leaking, check your carpet on the passenger side

"...experienced the same problem I did early in the ownership..."

My 97 does the same thing on moderately cool mornings when I drive up and down hills. I also have experienced the same thing in other car makes. I attribute it to the moisture content and temperature fluctuations from the overnight dew. Once the temperature warms up and the morning dew burns off the problem goes away.

My 97 does the same thing on moderately cool mornings when I drive up and down hills. I also have experienced the same thing in other car makes. I attribute it to the moisture content and temperature fluctuations from the overnight dew. Once the temperature warms up and the morning dew burns off the problem goes away.

Pressure test your cooling system see if it looses pressure in the test. If it does you more then likely have a heater core leak. if not the doors in the heater box might not be closing properly causing the problem. The cooling system test is fast and easy. Ii always look at the easy checks forst they are usually correct. Good luck.