Finally Received My New Es 330

wfmiller

Just Picked up my new 330 on Saturday. Initial impressions were quite positive except for one minor detail. The front passenger seat has a small rip in it!!! I am taking it back to the dealer tomorrow for them to look at. I also asked that they NOT do any type of prep work on the exterior as I wanted to do that myself. Of course they did anyway :censored:

Now the car looks nice with no swirls as it was hand waxed but to my dismay when doing the plastic bag test it was horrible. When I talked to the salesguy on the phone today about the small rip in the seat I mentioned that the car needed to be clayed, etc. He said that is something they can do :)

I will know more tomorrow.

DON'T let them clay it, do that yourself its VERY easy. Just follow the instructions here and on Autopia. Claying is easy, but its also fairly easy to damage the car and you dont want them to do that.

Congrats on the car!

Hey alan, check out the detailing forum (if the threads are still there :rolleyes: ) the plastic bag test checks for bonded contaminants in the paint. Claying is the only way to remove those contaminants. You just use carwash soap as a lubricant and slide the detailing clay along the paint surface. Afterwards the paint will be smooth as glass.

SW03ES, I do know how to clay and have a new bar of Clay Magic ready to go. It justs frosts me somewhat that they did not heed my requests to not touch the exterior. I am going to play with them a little :whistles:

Alan, you want to check out http://www.autopia.org for detailing. As SW03ES said the plastic bag test checks for contaminants. Even though the car looks good it can be a lot better with a little work. As far as the car itself it is the Millenium Silver, Gold Package, Nav system, Mark Levinson Audio, etc, etc, etc. The only thing it does not have is the adjustable pedals and AVS.

They're really thick headed about the detail. The reason being thats one question on the Lexus Customer Service Index survey and if so much as one question is marked not acceptible they fail the whole survey. That CSI rating dictates their finance rates, car allotment, lots of things. Thats what I do for a living, I teach car dealerships how to get higher CSI ratings.

You have to tell them if the car is detailed you will mark the cleanliness as not acceptable on the survey, if its not detailed as you asked, then the survey will be perfect.