20' Rims Vs 19' Rims

authentek

I bought my 95sc 300 about 2 years ago and slowly but shortly am getting it customized exactly how i planned. A paint job with 99 rear and front bumpers was my last upgrade as well as side and rear skirts. My next goal is to put rims on it which initially was for 19' however, recently i have been getting alot of feedback saying 20' will give it a better look. Does anyone have 20' rims on there sc300 if so how is the ride? Would you have preferred to put 19' rims on it now that you have experienced riding on the 20' rims?

I bought my 95sc 300 about 2 years ago and slowly but shortly am getting it customized exactly how i planned. A paint job with 99 rear and front bumpers was my last upgrade as well as side and rear skirts. My next goal is to put rims on it which initially was for 19' however, recently i have been getting alot of feedback saying 20' will give it a better look. Does anyone have 20' rims on there sc300 if so how is the ride? Would you have preferred to put 19' rims on it now that you have experienced riding on the 20' rims?

i have 19" and run a stagered 275-30-19 rear and 245-35-19 front, i have suspension and springs all around the the 19 rear's rub under hard corners and bumps

i think 20" would be worse....imo

Thanks my first choice was to go with 19's but then heard 20's will look better however never really felt comfortable with that so i think i'm going to end up putting 19's on it asap.

please dont do 20's it looks fricken stupid

Thanks my first choice was to go with 19's but then heard 20's will look better however never really felt comfortable with that so i think i'm going to end up putting 19's on it asap.

pm me your email and ill send ya pics of how mine look w/ suspension

post-59185-1198259083_thumb.jpg

post-59185-1198259108_thumb.jpg

post-59185-1198259186_thumb.jpg

Show me a side view. do they rub at all or do you have it lifted?

epics1221@hotmail.com

authentek. Just trust me. 20's are way too big. his picture angles dont reveal how ridiculous it actually looks. Lets put it this way, if you put 20's on ur sc, you wont be able to lower it. not even an inch. secondly, they are going to rub. i have eighteens on my sc, its lowered only 1 inch and the tires rub. just imagine 20's. Third, rubber for 20's is alot more expensive than rubber for 19's becuase you have to purchase a extremely low profile tire to make it fit in your wheel well. not to mention the lower the profile of the tire, the worse the ride quality. im serious, it will feel like you're in a tractor. Lol. I dont know how they do it in florida or texas, and this isnt a dis on where ur from, but, out here, especially in places like oakland, 20's = baller status and 19's = Lexus motorsport. Go with the 19's dude =)

- Kevin

authentek. Just trust me. 20's are way too big. his picture angles dont reveal how ridiculous it actually looks. Lets put it this way, if you put 20's on ur sc, you wont be able to lower it. not even an inch. secondly, they are going to rub. i have eighteens on my sc, its lowered only 1 inch and the tires rub. just imagine 20's. Third, rubber for 20's is alot more expensive than rubber for 19's becuase you have to purchase a extremely low profile tire to make it fit in your wheel well. not to mention the lower the profile of the tire, the worse the ride quality. im serious, it will feel like you're in a tractor. Lol. I dont know how they do it in florida or texas, and this isnt a dis on where ur from, but, out here, especially in places like oakland, 20's = baller status and 19's = Lexus motorsport. Go with the 19's dude =)

- Kevin

Yeah in florida its not really the best idea to lower your car, so much road work is being done, at least in my area, and how uneven the roads are and such, bad bad idea, but go with 19's bro, will look alot better

- Kevin

Kevin,

Thanks for the advice i am gonna go with 19 its alot cheaper and a better ride so i think its the only logical thing to do. Now i have to find a deep dish gunmetal rim for my huntergreen lexus. As soon as i get a pic of my car i will send you the pics if you have an email were you will like me to send it or i will actually post it on here.

Show me a side view. do they rub at all or do you have it lifted?

these are 19"........ i would never run 20" on a car

it is not lifted its actually lowerd 1" w/ eibach springs all around and yes the rear rubs in hard cornering and bumps.

- Kevin

are you talking about the pics i posted? i have 19" not 20"

agreed 20" look ridicolous on an sc....

read all my post in this thread, i agree 20" are ugly, 19" are the way to go and i posted pics of my sc w/ 19" on them .....then i see a post thats says "his picture angles dont show how ridiclous it actually looks"

19"=lexus motorsport

- Kevin

are you talking about the pics i posted? i have 19" not 20"

agreed 20" look ridicolous on an sc....

read all my post in this thread, i agree 20" are ugly, 19" are the way to go and i posted pics of my sc w/ 19" on them .....then i see a post thats says "his picture angles dont show how ridiclous it actually looks"

19"=lexus motorsport

Kevin,

Your car looks really nice with the 19" rims and hope mines looks as nice with 19"

I have 20'' on my sc400, and know 20'' look much better than 19''. You should get you a nice set of 20''!I have some Sterns staggered 20x9.5 rear.I had to do some work to make them fit but now I get a lot of comments. the rear looks wide i could post some pictures later if you would like. The ride is not bad as I thought it would be. On the other hand if you are going to lower the car than I would go with 19's

I don't think so...this is a 97 SC with 20's. This is not my car.

post-18373-1199276203_thumb.jpg

I have 19's on the front and 20x10 +37 in the rear, and I have no issues of rubbing. You have to moddify the fenders to achieve this look. I will admit I need a kit and I am working on that now...

post-18373-1199276240_thumb.jpg

it may come down to difference of opinion but in the end, ur tires still rub without the kit.

wow, you are telling me MY tires rub without a kit? I just wanted a kit for appearance reasons only. lol ,what does a kit do to prevent rubbing? << got my popcorn for this one>>

ummm lol the fact that you have to roll the fenders for compensate for the width of the tire? I dont think we are talking about the same thing. I was talking about a fender rolling kit. what kind of kit are you talking about? I think i was confused at the fact that you said you have to "modify the fenders to achieve this look" meaning, because the tires rubbed, you had to roll the fenders. I just couldnt think of any other reason why you would want to roll ur fenders other than if you wanted to put a wider tire on. thats why i said what i said.

go here - http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290699 Am i mistaken or does it say that "rear: rim size 19x9.5; offset +36; tire size 275/25/19; needed fenders rolled"

I guess it would depend on ur tire size right? And that was my next question for you...

<no popcorn needed> its not my fault i cant decipher what ur trying to say. be a little more clear next time.

ummm lol the fact that you have to roll the fenders for compensate for the width of the tire? I dont think we are talking about the same thing. I was talking about a fender rolling kit. what kind of kit are you talking about? I think i was confused at the fact that you said you have to "modify the fenders to achieve this look" meaning, because the tires rubbed, you had to roll the fenders. I just couldnt think of any other reason why you would want to roll ur fenders other than if you wanted to put a wider tire on. thats why i said what i said.

go here - http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290699 Am i mistaken or does it say that "rear: rim size 19x9.5; offset +36; tire size 275/25/19; needed fenders rolled"

I guess it would depend on ur tire size right? And that was my next question for you...

<no popcorn needed> its not my fault i cant decipher what ur trying to say. be a little more clear next time.

its cool, I have never heard of a fender rolling kit; just a fender roller, my tires aren't that wide. I am running a 255/35/20 on a 20x10 +37 rim. The main reason I rolled the fenders because of my weight. lol It was a mild roll. 20's look great on these cars here is a rear view of my car.post-18373-1199883150_thumb.jpg

Yeah im actually gonna have to say that ur car does look very good with the 20's on the back and 19's on the front. It was just from my experience ive seen a lot of guys have to roll fenders because of the width of the tire.

thanks LexusLuthor.. I think any rim above 18" x9 with an offset of +35 or lower will demand sometype of fender modifications.( for the rear) 18's look good too, but to get the look I like I would have to almost put the car on the ground. That is not a good look for Baltimore streets.