Ipod Interface With Lexus Stock Sound System

MarkyBoy

I'm looking to be able to hook up my iPod to the current "Premium Sound System" in my LX450. I've searched the net and have only found the FM Modulator option. The quality of sound is lost when set up that way. There are plenty of iPod interface adapters, but none for the LX450. Does anyone know of a brand that makes it for my car?

I'm looking to be able to hook up my iPod to the current "Premium Sound System" in my LX450. I've searched the net and have only found the FM Modulator option. The quality of sound is lost when set up that way. There are plenty of iPod interface adapters, but none for the LX450. Does anyone know of a brand that makes it for my car?

Not that I'm aware of. I've tried the FM modulator route, and as you've discovered the sound quality is just plain unaccepatble. Thought I mention though, I just replaced my stock unit because the CD changer went out. For about $200 to $250 bucks you can get a good unit that's compatible with all of today's modern technologies, and much better sound output to boot. The unit I got has a USB port on the front. I can plug in a little 1 gb thumb drive (you can buy 2 gb as well) with about 400 songs on it, and it plays at or better than CD quality.

Rookie.

I USED A TAPE PLAYER ADAPTER WITH THE PLUG FOR THE TOP OF MY IPOD AND THAT WORKS PRETTY GOOD

• 11 months later...

I USED A TAPE PLAYER ADAPTER WITH THE PLUG FOR THE TOP OF MY IPOD AND THAT WORKS PRETTY GOOD

I second the tape player kit idea. You may scoff initially, but try it and you'll notice the quality is much higher than the FM modulator option. If that doesn't do it for you, I have heard that there are methods of hookup up an iPod through a factory CD changer connection.

• 5 months later...