Water In Spark Plug

authentek

I had a guy wash my engine bay and he got water in by my spark plugs. My mechanic dryed it out and replaced my plugs along with the wires. Does anyone know if theres anything else i should be worried about like a long term effect from this? :chairshot: Sorry i'm new to this forum stuff so give me a chance to get use to it.

I had a guy wash my engine bay and he got water in by my spark plugs. My mechanic dryed it out and replaced my plugs along with the wires. Does anyone know if theres anything else i should be worried about like a long term effect from this?:chairshot: Sorry i'm new to this forum stuff so give me a chance to get use to it.

Coming from a PURELY electrical side, I would say that if the engine never ran while the water was on the spark plug and if the water on the spark plug is completely dry now it should be safe to operate with no bad effects.

Electronics can get wet, it's just they have to dry out completely if you want to use them again with no chance of failure.

Now, I don't know if this applies to the machine aspect of the car but I feel some know from a purely electrical aspect of the situation its not the end of the world :)

uh oh! ur gonna have to replace the head hahaha jk. But yeah from a mechanical side, you should have no problems unless theres like an absolute tone of water in the combustion chamber but if ur plugs were in tight enough, theres im almost 99.9% sure theres no water in there. And if there were, and if you have driven the car since, then you have already burnt it off. so ur fine dude!

Cheers

uh oh! ur gonna have to replace the head hahaha jk. But yeah from a mechanical side, you should have no problems unless theres like an absolute tone of water in the combustion chamber but if ur plugs were in tight enough, theres im almost 99.9% sure theres no water in there. And if there were, and if you have driven the car since, then you have already burnt it off. so ur fine dude!

Cheers

hahaha!!!! lol!! after drying it out i replaced the plugs along with the wires and it seems to be right on track. Thanks for the help!!! really appreciate it!!!

I had a guy wash my engine bay and he got water in by my spark plugs. My mechanic dryed it out and replaced my plugs along with the wires. Does anyone know if theres anything else i should be worried about like a long term effect from this?:chairshot: Sorry i'm new to this forum stuff so give me a chance to get use to it.

Coming from a PURELY electrical side, I would say that if the engine never ran while the water was on the spark plug and if the water on the spark plug is completely dry now it should be safe to operate with no bad effects.

Electronics can get wet, it's just they have to dry out completely if you want to use them again with no chance of failure.

Now, I don't know if this applies to the machine aspect of the car but I feel some know from a purely electrical aspect of the situation its not the end of the world :)

After drying it out i replaced the plugs along with the wires and it seems to be right on track. Thanks for the help!!! really appreciate it!!!