It's on the horizon..........

AWJ

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chris! Welcome to the club. You're doing a full gte swap though correct? Keep us posted. Stay tuned to the meets section. I have family in chi-town area so maybe we can catch up some time.

Good luck.

AJ

Thanks for the welcome AJ!

Yes, I'm doing the motor swap. I had gone back and forth many times on NA-T or motor, NA-T or motor. I finally looked at my what I really wanted to accomplish, big numbers was my answer :)

Anyways, I want details, details, details, my friend. I thought your car was totaled a little while back? Sorry if you've posted your new project.

Anytime your in Chicago, look me up!

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings and salutations! New member stationed on okinawa. Proud new papa of a Soarer TT (Lexus SC250). I also have a few mods on the horizon, strictly off the shelf, middle of the road pricing mods, but should be good for around a hundred HP or so.

Anyone need any parts that are Japan sourced only, drop me an e-mail, we'll see what we can do.

Any info period on boost would be great AWJ! I am totally clueless when it comes to turbos, this is my first one. Where I come from (maine, new england) all I ever knew was superchargers.

All my mods will have to wait a couple months as I am currently freezin my butt off in south korea and have to wait until I return to muh baby in order to operate :rolleyes:

I'd upgrade my suspension and brakes after the intake and exhaust. Maybe even a pair of 5pt harnesses to keep you and your passenger alive, but that's just me.

It is always a great idea to cool the intake charge as much as possible. So yes, a good front mount intercooler to replace the sidemount would be the right direction. You can sell your old side mount to DSM and honda guys - I've seen neons running them also. Your stock seat belts will do fine unless you are running a track where you need 5pts as a rule or turning sub 12 second passes on a regulated track. I've found the stock brakes and seatbelts to be more than adequate at 350hp. Though I do have upgraded calipers and rotors waiting for a sunny day to go on there. The suspension is a good idea, but baby steps. Again, the stock suspension is doing just fine. Though I would like a set of TEIN coilovers. A boost controller makes it easy to adjust boost. The suspension is a good idea, but baby steps. Again, the stock suspension is doing just fine. Though I would like a set of TEIN coilovers. Electronic are nice for in cab on the fly adjustment. Mechanical are cheaper and do the same. But most involve doing it from the engine bay. Good luck. Keep us posted.