Vsc Check Vsc Light And Bad Battetry

lovlex

Hi,

after leaving my lights on for a few minutes in my 98 LS400, it drained my battery. after letting the car sit for a few minutes, the car finally started. once it started, the VSC light and the Check VSC warning light came on. when i took off, the car had little take off power, like the transmission was not working properly. the lights were still dim from the battery run down. after pulling over and letting the battery build up, the car then ran fine and the transmission did fine. both warning lights went out as well. is this because of the battery running down and maybe affecting the computer until it had full power again??????

thanks,

adam

A page (180) in the 2000 LS400 owners manual is dedicated to resetting/calibrating the VSC system and eliminate the warning message.

The same thing happened in my 2000 LS400 the last two times the battery failed. I did not have to follow the procedure described in the manual when I replaced my battery - it apparently reset on its own. It did, however, take a day or two for the VSC message to stop re-displaying.

• 4 weeks later...

When you VSC light goes on and it is nothing wrong in the car, you as a owner must interpret it as a battery warning, that is how my battery started to decay. As soon as it was replaced had not seen or heard of a VSC light anymore than two seconds when it is started. This is as long as you do not have any failures withing the system. In some GM models this is reflected by the ABS light staying on, with nothing wrong with the ABS.

CPR

Before buying a new battery, I would make sure the old one needs replacing. The shop can tell you if it can hold a charge and what kind of cranking power it has under load. I would also check to see that your alternator is providing enough current and voltage and that your belt is nice and tight.