Touch Up Paint Problem And Question

Hello All,

I didn't see this problem addressed in my search so here it goes.

Earlier today I was attempting to apply some touch paint to my '98 Black Onyx LS400 and I applied a blob of paint instead of a smooth, thin layer. After seeing this, I attempted to wipe off the blob and created a larger, more noticeable rough spot. The rough spot is about the size of a dime.

What compounds this problem is the rough spot is right in my line of sight when looking in my side view mirror so I am reminded of what a knucklehead I am at least every 30 seconds while driving my LS 400.

Is there any way to smooth this out? Maybe clay the area or 1500 grit wet sandpaper?

Thank you.

Eddie

Run Razor - This cleverly-designed tool will take care of any problem areas that crop up toward the end of the painting process. Run Razor holds standard razor blades at a precise angle to shave down semi-hardened runs, sags or dust between colour and clear coats. Just pass it gently over the surface, dialling down the blade position indicator in.001" increments until the imperfection is gone - http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=...temType=PRODUCT.

I have a similar problem, but on the lower part of the front bumper, where I just kissed a curb and put several scratches in the plastic. I put some touch up paint on them, but they are slightly raised. I checked out the linked sight and they have some other small hand tools (small nib files and wet sand block sets) that I plan to use to smooth out the plastic, re-touchup and then buff smooth (unless someone has a better approach)

thanks for the tip!