Sirius Radio

Hello

I have 08RX350. The good thing is that owners of 08 RX350 have a choice between XM and Sirius. I am planning to get the Sirius radio installed by the dealer. The minimum quote I have till now is 695 installed from my local dealer. Is that a good deal. Anyone know any other dealer in northeast who can do for less. My main problem is I will be moving to Canada in a couple of months, most likely living in Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver. If I get the Sirius radio hardware installed here in the US by Lexus dealer and get US subscription, would it work north of the border? If anyone knows for sure it wont, then I wouldnt want to spend $695 for nothing and would rather have it installed at a Lex dealer in Canada.

Thanks and hoping to hear some input from u folks.

Hello

I have 08RX350. The good thing is that owners of 08 RX350 have a choice between XM and Sirius. I am planning to get the Sirius radio installed by the dealer. The minimum quote I have till now is 695 installed from my local dealer. Is that a good deal. Anyone know any other dealer in northeast who can do for less. My main problem is I will be moving to Canada in a couple of months, most likely living in Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver. If I get the Sirius radio hardware installed here in the US by Lexus dealer and get US subscription, would it work north of the border? If anyone knows for sure it wont, then I wouldnt want to spend $695 for nothing and would rather have it installed at a Lex dealer in Canada.

rajkal,

Did you get your quote from Hoffman Lexus? I intend on having the Sirius setup installed on my RX as well. If you received your quote from somewhere else I will be glad to get the price from Hoffman and let you know if there is a difference.

thanks,

• 2 months later...
Hello

rajkal,

Did you get your quote from Hoffman Lexus? I intend on having the Sirius setup installed on my RX as well. If you received your quote from somewhere else I will be glad to get the price from Hoffman and let you know if there is a difference.

thanks,

I bought the Sirius kit online for $250 and am having a local audio store install it for $200 in a week or so. I'll let everyone know how it went. $450 is a little better than $700 at the dealership.

Also there's a new iPod integration accessory that was just released for the RX. The dealer I spoke to says it conflicts with the sat radio so it should be avoided for now.