Reset Computer

sharmsen

I had my alternator replaced on my 1990 LS400 (power steering leak caused it to go out) after an episode of driving and having all of the controls freak out (radio, heater, etc. seemed to freak out as has been described by others with a similar problem) and in doing so, the repair guy didn't put anything in the cigarette lighter and it appears the computer needs to be reset because the car works except for the radio, odometer, power locks and the trunk release. I've checked fuses, etc.

Is this an issue of reseting the computer or is it something else? How is this done? What should I check for?

Thank you.

What year car? This does not sound like a simple ecm reset problem. Are you sure that you checked all the fuses, they are located in different places. Usually if you disconnect the battery all you lose are your presets for the radio and the memory positions for the 2 different drivers. I have had my battery disconnected many times and have never experienced the problems that you mention.

Curt