Thi - Name Of Online Manual

Andrewsreef

This is a question for THI. Not sure what happended to my prior posts but all seem to be gone.

I wanted the name of the website you were refering to with the online manual. You mentioned it was $25 a year per veichle. Please let me know the name of the website. Is this service as good as having the repair manual? From what you looked up for me on the tranny problem, it sounds like it was better than a repair manual as it encompased several different types of manuals (repair, electric, transmission).

I am going to order it for sure If you feel like you are getting a lot out of it.

THanks

Andrew

Andrew,

The name of the web site is www.alldata.com. There's a section for professional shop and a section for DIY (home use). I used the DIY section mostly for TSB (technical service bulletins), OEM part #/cost, labor hours, & some service information. I was surpised that they include the transmission information.

They do have quite a bit of information, but NOT everything in the manuals. For example, they don't have all of the electrical diagrams. For me, it's a nice supplement to the manuals.

Thi

P.S. If you have a second car, you can add on for $15/year.

I am not sure what manuals I need then. This is becoming troublesome. The strainge problems continue with this car. I still have the transmission problem that I am waiting to get it back to my cousin. Now, for some reason at night when I activate the alarm, somtimes my brake lights are staying stuck on???? The car seems to think a door is not shut. Well, this killed my battery so yesterday I had to find a new one. Took 3 stores to find one that would fit. At one point I had to put the old battery back as the store did not have what I needed. Well, I do this and restart the car, and the engine revs up to between 1000 and 2000 RPMs as if somone is in the car pumping the gas peddle!!! I was not even sitting in the car!!!!

This car has deamons or something. It sounds like I need a repair and electrical manual at a minimum. I am also looking into extended warrantys.

Thanks for the info.

Andrew

If you decided to get the manuals, there are 3 of them (as I know of) for the Lexus: Service manual ($96.48), Electrical ($48.58), and transmission manual ($15, number RM491U). You can call this Toyota/Lexus # and get them: 800 622 2033.

I noticed that if my car is locked and I unlocked it manually from inside; when I try to rearm it twice. For the first push of the button, it "thinks" that the car is still lock. When the system is not arm properly, the interior light stay on.

After replacing a battery, on my other car (Mitsu engine), it takes some time for the ECU to "learn" and set up it own parameters. While that's going on, the car has some idle surge. It should settle down after a few miles of driving. This may be the case with your car.

Thi

I found my battery at Costco -- I'm using the Kirkland brand right now. I made sure that it had as many CCA as the original battery. I had to use the plastic piece that came with it to give it enough height.

I know of many people who will use a piece or two of 2x6 board under the battery to provide enough height.

More than the height thing, the problem I had was with the length of the cable -- or rather the location of the posts on the battery. Try to find a battery with the posts close to the edge of the battery. If you can't find one, you'll need to make a minor mod to the cable set up to give yourself a bit more length -- basically you'll need to cut some of the cable ties holding the battery cable in place, then pull the pos cable through the gasket.

Doug

I have the Toyota Land Cruiser manuals for my year LX 450. For 99% of things, this works perfectly...for the other 1%, I just guess :rolleyes:

I found the electrical manual to be NOT very useful to me since I don't do much with the electrical system in mine. But the other manual (and my manual was printed so that the engine and transmission manuals were bound together) is very useful. Given a choice, I'd get the engine and transmission and forego the electrical unless you really think you need it.

The manuals are printed to order, so they take a while to get. I can find the online link to order them from Toyota/Lexus if you like...I have that link saved somewhere.

Cheers,

Doug

Rookie, I ended up with a Battery from Pep Boys. It was the correct height but it is not as wide. It went in just fine and I did not need to change the cables. The height is the big issue along with the direction of the terminals.

I think WalMart may carry the battery however, the one near me was out of the one I needed. Because it was out of stock, I never say it to say for sure. WalMart was definately cheaper on the Battery. It looks like the same brand as PepBoys but was $30 cheaper. :angry: .

So for $75, I have a new battery.

Thi, I ordered the Alldata service. I am not good at using it yet though. It looks like it will be very helpful for my attena repair as it had good looking flow chart for diagnosing and fixing the problem. I am going to order the Repair and tranny manuals for Christmas ;) .

Thanks for the info.

Andrew

I had to replace my battery before; got one from Autozone. It's a little smaller in width but taller than the previous one which was from KMart. I had to discard the lower tray. I got the higher cranking AMP and it was around $70.

With the Alldata system, it takes some "digging" around sometimes. For the engine, they have a nice diagram that you can click on the part and it brings you to a sub section. With the system, you have access to the a lot of diagnostic information for your transmission.

Thi