Voice Activated Climate Controls

I just purchased a RX400h last week, when I tried using the voice commands for the Climate controls nothing worked,

I went to the service dept. yesterday and had them check it out. They could not find a menu for Climate controls on any screen, the service manager then told me that the RX did not have voice commands for the Climate A/C.

Does anyone have an RX with voice commands for the Climate controls - I ordered the car loaded with everything except the rear DVD player, and I can't find anyplace stating that this should be an option. My brother's Prius has climate voice controls, why didn't Toyota add this to the RX line.

Bill K.

I just purchased a RX400h last week, when I tried using the voice commands for the Climate controls nothing worked,

I went to the service dept. yesterday and had them check it out. They could not find a menu for Climate controls on any screen, the service manager then told me that the RX did not have voice commands for the Climate A/C.

Does anyone have an RX with voice commands for the Climate controls - I ordered the car loaded with everything except the rear DVD player, and I can't find anyplace stating that this should be an option. My brother's Prius has climate voice controls, why didn't Toyota add this to the RX line.

Bill K.

i have an RX400 model 2006 and i can switch air con on/off and set temp by voice commands.

Unfortunately, the voice recognition system deployed in the RX 400H must have been trained by the voices of underwater deep sea fisherman. IOW, even if you have the right word for the voice command, they system will 99% of the time get it wrong. I don't know why that is, but it's is a really putrid system and complete useless. Lexus blew it big time, perhaps they trusted there outsourced partners in developing such an @SS like V.R.

Cheers,

MadloR

Unfortunately, the voice recognition system deployed in the RX 400H must have been trained by the voices of underwater deep sea fisherman. IOW, even if you have the right word for the voice command, they system will 99% of the time get it wrong. I don't know why that is, but it's is a really putrid system and complete useless. Lexus blew it big time, perhaps they trusted there outsourced partners in developing such an @SS like V.R.

Cheers,

MadloR

I think it's just your Canadian accent. Mine works fine. B)

Cheers,

MadloR

What are you like, talking about, like, you know, it has nothing to do with my like mastery of like the english language you know. And more to do with like the poor like design of the system you know.

The Acura system, rules. Try one out, you'll like, see, you know.

Cheers,

MadloR

Cheers,

MadloR

What are you like, talking about, like, you know, it has nothing to do with my like mastery of like the english language you know. And more to do with like the poor like design of the system you know.

The Acura system, rules. Try one out, you'll like, see, you know.

Cheers,

MadloR

dontcha know it, eh. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up our 2008 400h last month and have been playing with the NAV voice commands. Our 400h is probably like yours, fully loaded minus rear DVD. From my research on the net, and playing around with the system, I as well cannot get the voice commands to work for the climate control. From what I can tell, climate control voice commands have been removed from the generation 5 NAV systems installed in the 400h. I could be wrong, but that's what I have found out with my research.

I was also frustrated with figuring our which voice commands are allowed with our system. I realize you can access the list of valid voice commands from the display but what I really wanted was a list I could print on paper and hold in my hands. I failed to find a conplete and accurate list of voice commands allowed for the generation 5 NAV in the 400h so I made my own. I tried to upload the file I have created but it failed indicating I was not allowed to upload the file type (excel). If anyone knows how to share it let me know.

In my experience, allowed voice command catagories for the ganeration 5 NAV system are as follows:

- Audio

- Telephone

- Navigation

- POI

- Destination

Jerry

I picked up our 2008 400h last month and have been playing with the NAV voice commands. Our 400h is probably like yours, fully loaded minus rear DVD. From my research on the net, and playing around with the system, I as well cannot get the voice commands to work for the climate control. From what I can tell, climate control voice commands have been removed from the generation 5 NAV systems installed in the 400h. I could be wrong, but that's what I have found out with my research.

I was also frustrated with figuring our which voice commands are allowed with our system. I realize you can access the list of valid voice commands from the display but what I really wanted was a list I could print on paper and hold in my hands. I failed to find a conplete and accurate list of voice commands allowed for the generation 5 NAV in the 400h so I made my own. I tried to upload the file I have created but it failed indicating I was not allowed to upload the file type (excel). If anyone knows how to share it let me know.

In my experience, allowed voice command catagories for the ganeration 5 NAV system are as follows:

- Audio

- Telephone

- Navigation

- POI

- Destination

Jerry

I purchased a 2008 RX400h in December 07 as well and am having the same issue. I downloaded a .pdf document from this site that included voice commands for the climate control system and cannot get any of them to work. I also notice that they are not displayed if I use the on screen help displayed when hitting the voice button on the steering wheel.

I wonder why they would have removed this functionality?

I have little problems with the navigation or audio commands, they work well.

(wish I could skip over saying the state name though...)

/Steve