Seat And Floor Mats

mccldwll

I'm obviously new to Lexus (several consecutive posts). Have a couple more questions:

1. I find the driver's seat on our '05 causes discomfort to my right thigh due to narrowness. I've noticed the same on other cars such as MDX, Pilot and Highlander. Not so bad on Euro autos. Possibly related to fact that sized for women since they make vast majority of buying decisions in this sector, but that's beside the point. Former owner who I know was a lightweight but I notice that the leather is very wrinkled on seat (not at all on back) which has to be due to either leather stretching or foam compressing. I assume one solution would be to have seat opened up by upholstery shop and have 1/2" to 1" of good quality foam added in deep section. Cheaper alternative might be to find a good quality pad which would increase height in that area. Does anyone know if such a pad which fits that center seat section exists, and where to find?

2. I live in an area where mud on shoes can not be avoided and consequently the light gray plush floor mats are a complete joke/disaster. Can anyone suggest a dark gray, good quality, heavy duty, well fitting, good looking set of mats for the RX? I think I would prefer nylon over rubber. The LL Bean Waterhogs look good, but there are warnings about how they might react with the underlying carpet. All suggestions from personal experience much appreciated.

I have Beverly Hills Motorsports Europa All-Season Floor Mats in both my wife's '05 330 and my new BMW 328xi. Both of these cars have a light blond or almond leather and the natural, or tan, mats look great. THey make a grey and other colors.

They are at http://www.beverlyhillsmotorsport.com/frame.html. Go to the bottom of the page, and go to the next page until you get to page three at the bottom. These are EXTREMELY absorbant, protect your original carpet and can be hosed off if needed. They are heavy duty and do the job. Fwiw, my Lexus mats are going on their third winter and show a very minor amount of wear where your heel rests for the accelerator pedal.

They also make a rubber, industrial looking, floor mat if you choose.

I had the same problem with the light grey mats. I ordered the same Lexus carpets from Sewell Lexus...only in the charcoal grey...$99 plus shipping...about $115 total...came in about two days and I think it looks better than the light grey...I cleaned them and put them way to have when I sell the car.

They are at http://www.beverlyhillsmotorsport.com/frame.html. Go to the bottom of the page, and go to the next page until you get to page three at the bottom.

I reviewed my URL and I should have said "go to the left of the page, click on floor mats, THEN go to the bottom of the page...". Apparently their web site is not sophisticated enough to allow one to copy the page they want. Regardless, I love my synthetic fiber, all weather, floor mats.

Gary

Get yourself a nice charcoal grey set of rubber mats for the winter months. They hold up far better and longer than carpet mats ever can, and they are a breeze to clean - simply hose them down and scrub them with a brush periodically then dry them off with an old towel and pop them back into the vehicle. You'll wonder why you ever fooled with carpet mats during the tough winter months. I like them so much that I keep them in my primary vehicle all year round. I believe mine came from my local NAPA store back in December 2000, so they are 7 years old and still look like new....

Check the Sunday newspaper inserts for higher-end rubber mat sales at places like NAPA, AutoZone, etc. I guarantee you'll be far happier with them than continuing to try to keep any carpet mats looking clean and new....

....I ordered the same Lexus carpets from Sewell Lexus...only in the charcoal grey...$99 plus shipping...about $115 total....

I wasn't able to find the mats in charcoal grey, only black, light grey, or tan. Can you provide a part number? The OEM light grey mats require too much maintenance. Thanks.