Rx300 - 1999 - Headlights Won't Come On

dkone

On my wife's RX300, 1999, the headlights suddenly stopped working. The side lights work, the fog lights work, the lights work on full beam. When you turn on the engine, with the light switch in off position, the front lights are on in dim mode. When you turn the light switch to lights on (past side lights and before auto) the front lights turn off. I checked the fuses (no.2 and no.3) in the fuse compartment under the hood. The fuses aren't blown. I replaced them with spares, still no luck. Thoughts ? Headlight relay ? How do I know which relay it is (saw some posts indicating the relay is in the same compartment as the fuses). Any thoughts on cost of getting the relay replaced if it is broken (I did see a relay on a parts store for $100, so shouldn't be too bad!).

Any help, thoughts, advice would be appreciated!

Kind Regards!

Ok, now I feel like an idiot. The wife took the car to a repair shop this morning, verdict: both headlights are burned out. I had checked fuses, relays, wiring, never even thought of the bulbs! New lamps being installed and the RX300 will once again have lights to see and drive by ! Just thought i'd post and let you know.

• Like 1