Price Paid For Repairs

Sox0407

2000 RX300-104500 miles.

I just had brakes front and rear,pads and rotors(OEM) and timing belt and water pump done.Price paid $1467.00.

Work done by my independent mechanic.Fair price?Seems okay to me considering OEM parts used but I wanted to get other opinions.

Thanks.

Assuming this is what you paid for the OEM parts with shipping:

4 OEM rotors = $300 (about 85 each plus shipping)

F&R OEM pads = $100 (45 each axle)

Timing Belt= $60 (price from lexusparts.com)

Water Pump= $130 (price from lexusparts.com)

Almost $1500 is a little on the high side(but decent) in my opinion, but its worth every penny when you can be confident that the job is done right.

I think you got a great price, I do all of my own work, however Lexus quoted that price for just the timing belt and water pump. so you got the brake job for free. Merry Christmas and enjoy your car.

I have to agree with both the previous posts. It is a great deal compared to what Lexus would charge and slightly high for independent but not bad. I just had my brakes done (indepenent shop) for $315 (new pads and machine rotors front and rear). If I were to add in $300 for new Lexus rotors I am up to $615. My timing belt was done at the Toyotas dealer for $320. I didn't do the water pump but figure another $200 (my best guess) if I did. That's $1135 total.

I have to agree with both the previous posts. It is a great deal compared to what Lexus would charge and slightly high for independent but not bad. I just had my brakes done (indepenent shop) for $315 (new pads and machine rotors front and rear). If I were to add in $300 for new Lexus rotors I am up to $615. My timing belt was done at the Toyotas dealer for $320. I didn't do the water pump but figure another $200 (my best guess) if I did. That's $1135 total.

Thanks for all of your input.I've known these guys for years and I know they are excellent mechanics but when the ticket charges get kind of high it doesn't hurt to check but heck I don't begrudge anyone earning a living!