1993 Sc400 - Heater Won't Blow Warm Air

frblexus

I have a 1993 SC400. My heater will blow but not warm air. Is there a heat control valve that I can check/replace or should I be looking for trouble someplace else ?????? Is it controlled by a fuse or what ??

Are you getting Hot air when your in Motion?

There is a heater duct valve that's controlled by your Climate Control. Look for something on the Pass-side midrange engine bay for that. You should be able to manually open the cover.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 1993 SC400. My heater will blow but not warm air. Is there a heat control valve that I can check/replace or should I be looking for trouble someplace else ?????? Is it controlled by a fuse or what ??

There is a heater duct valve that's controlled by your Climate Control. Look for something on the Pass-side midrange engine bay for that. You should be able to manually open the cover.

No, I don't get hot air when in motion. I changed the thermostat like SeanGrac said. It made no difference. I am now looking for the heater valve, with no success. Is it on the firewall section (passenger side) or on the fender weld (passenger side) ????? I've checked all fuses and they look good. Still stuck !!!!!! Thanks

Try the self diagnostic for the a/c. I can't remember the buttons that you have to push; but they are on the ac control panel. Its like the "recirc" and off buttons at the same time. Anyway, my local library has 'Mitchell's' online. Try yours. If it's not free; it's cheap.

P.S. I am assuming that you have plenty of coolant in. If the comes on it needs more.

No, I don't get hot air when in motion. I changed the thermostat like SeanGrac said. It made no difference. I am now looking for the heater valve, with no success. Is it on the firewall section (passenger side) or on the fender weld (passenger side) ????? I've checked all fuses and they look good. Still stuck !!!!!! Thanks

i have one for sale 40 shipped to your door. paypal is gazi_ali@hotmail.com

i have one for sale 40 shipped to your door. paypal is gazi_ali@hotmail.com

HAS ANY been able to resolve this heater issue, I have the same problem but dealer price was too much, and they did not show me the location. Who can assist me with this and who has had the problem fixed