Serpentine Belt Change

VBdenny

Hey LS'ers

I probably should change the serpentine belt on my 90 LS400 since inspection is due this month and it has a few small cracks. I have had them fail cars before for this so I figured I would go ahead and change it. Save me some time and give me the scoop on how to do this. I appreciate the help.

Denny

Oh yeah, where do you suggest I get one and is any brand any better than the others?

If you do a search on the forum you will always find some related threads, however it is always recommended to go to Lexls' website for any info on the DIY stuff for the early models.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/maintenance/drivebelt.html

Best bet for parts is toyota, they are not that expensive. Tell them your chassis serial number and they will always be able to supply the correct part.

Good luck.

Thanks Leadfoot. Yeah, I should have picked one up today. I was at the Lexus dealer this afternoon to pick up a fog light bulb($26). Didn't think of it until later. I figured rather than screw around figuring it out, I would just post a request. When I do replace it, I will take pictures of a video.