A/c Fan

lovelylexus400

Hi guys..last week...I don't know what trigger my a/c fan..it been running the whole time when I start the car (no..I did not have the a/c switch on). I check the sencor on the bottem of the left side radiator location..it's still look fine..any idea how what cause this problem..is therea a way that I can turn the a/c fan off manually? it's making alot of noise when I step on the gas paddle..and it consuming alot of gas too..I check all the fules..everything look good...also I has noticed..if I leave my headlight one for few minutes..my battery drian very fast..I cann't hardly start the car if I leave the headlight on for 5 minutes..is this have anything to do with it? any lead well help..thanks

yes..I did turn off the in side switch..but it's running with or without the a/c on also the heat too..this there a wire some where that I can cut to have it turn off..I can re-attach the wire in summer for a/c..I cann't stand for all the heavy fan noise and the car drive alot slower when that big a/c fan running..thanks

I think you can press the off button but it might still run on low as it help air circulation in the car.

hey guys..any solution for the a/c fan problem? also..how do I check for the error code for my car? can autozone do it? or only dealer able to check the error code? thanks

yes..I did turn off the in side switch..but it's running with or without the a/c on also the heat too..this there a wire some where that I can cut to have it turn off..I can re-attach the wire in summer for a/c..I cann't stand for all the heavy fan noise and the car drive alot slower when that big a/c fan running..thanks
I think you can press the off button but it might still run on low as it help air circulation in the car.

hey guys..any solution for the a/c fan problem? also..how do I check for the error code for my car? can autozone do it? or only dealer able to check the error code? thanks

I suspect you might mean the radiator/condensor cooling fan.......??

Otherwise we assume you mean the cabin fan/blower.

Hi guys..last week...I don't know what trigger my a/c fan..it been running the whole time when I start the car (no..I did not have the a/c switch on). I check the sencor on the bottem of the left side radiator location..it's still look fine..any idea how what cause this problem..is therea a way that I can turn the a/c fan off manually? it's making alot of noise when I step on the gas paddle..and it consuming alot of gas too..I check all the fules..everything look good...also I has noticed..if I leave my headlight one for few minutes..my battery drian very fast..I cann't hardly start the car if I leave the headlight on for 5 minutes..is this have anything to do with it? any lead well help..thanks

"..making a lot of noise when I step on the gas..."

That would more likely be the engine driven fan and that might have failed in the "lock" position. I'd have to go look to be sure but most are engaged by a VC, viscous clutch, only if the airflow coming through the condensor/radiator "stack" is overly HOT.

I believe that is the radiator/condensor cooling fan (the big main engine fan..not the two small fans in front of the radiator)....anything that I can do to have that fan turn off manually? or a switch somewhere to check for? thanks

I suspect you might mean the radiator/condensor cooling fan.......??

Otherwise we assume you mean the cabin fan/blower.

By the way if you happen to have the system in any of the defrost/defog/demist modes, full or partial, the A/C compressor will always run but without an indciator lit to let you know. The condensor/radiator electric cooling fan (fans for a '92) will always run with the A/C compressor clutch engaged.

yes..it's the engine drive fan..the problem began couple weeks ago..when the engine failed to start at the first attemp (I believe some how the batter ran low) and shut off the engine..but no problem when I restarted the 2nd times..from that day one...the fan been on the whole time..even if turn off all the heat and a/c switchs...I check all the fuses..everything look normal..someone told me to check for the sencor nearby the bottom of the radiator fan..still look normal..so..I don't know what trigger the fan to be on the whole time....also the fan noise drive me nutz....and the gas mileages drop badly..

As cool as it is "here" at the moment if the engine driven fan is turning at the rate of the engine then you have a failed mechanical coupling.

• 3 weeks later...
yes..it's the engine drive fan..the problem began couple weeks ago..when the engine failed to start at the first attemp (I believe some how the batter ran low) and shut off the engine..but no problem when I restarted the 2nd times..from that day one...the fan been on the whole time..even if turn off all the heat and a/c switchs...I check all the fuses..everything look normal..someone told me to check for the sencor nearby the bottom of the radiator fan..still look normal..so..I don't know what trigger the fan to be on the whole time....also the fan noise drive me nutz....and the gas mileages drop badly..
As cool as it is "here" at the moment if the engine driven fan is turning at the rate of the engine then you have a failed mechanical coupling.

What does your temp gage read and have you checked your coolant level? If it's ok, then try setting your heater at the highest temp with the heater fan at high. Once you feel heat entering the cabin, check the large fan at the front of your engine. It should slow down. If you have no heat entering the cabin, you might have a blocked heater core or a bad water pump. If you do have heat and your fan doesn't slow down, then you have a problem with your fan clutch.

........good luck

You found my old post..:-) I just went out to test the a/c fan as like you said..I turned on the heat and leave it for over 10 minutes..the main heater fan still blowing very strong and gave alot of heat..the main a/c show no sign of slow druing that 10 minutes run..so this mean my clutch went out? is there a DIY for this? how hard is it to replace this part? cost for the part? part number and place to get it? thanks