Heater Problems

BNava

A few questions.

1. It was apparently not heating up before you replaced the thermostat and that is the reason you replaced it?

2. Are you relying on just the gage to tell you it isn't warming up?

3. Have you checked that the radiator is hot to the touch and you might just have an erroneous gage reading?

4. Are you sure that you don't have a lot of air in the coolant system?

5. What year car?

Need help guys! My LS will not heat up even after replaced the thermostat. Please give me some suggestions. All of the electronics seem to work fine?

I think he's referring to the heat coming out the vents inside of his car?

Do you see a thick layer of moisture on your inside windshield when turning on the front defroster?

My Car is a 94 LS 400 133K. My temp gauge inside the car seems to work fine. When I raise the temp reading to 85 the car does not warm up like it did last winter it only blows cold air. Todd I did see a layer of moisture on windshield when turning on the front defroster last week.

• 2 weeks later...
i think its a heater core.....

do you have a specific smell when u turn the heat on?

No odd smell- I read a post that mentioned the fans in front of the radiator. I'm not sure the fans are working at all. Could this be a fuse?

I think your heater control valve got stuck. It located at the firewall of the engine. To test this valve by pulling in and out the steel cable attached to this valve. It suppose moving freely if not , try to pull the cable out as far as you can( around 5'oclock) try to open the valve then start the engine let it warm up with temp control in manual mode and temp at 85 deg. If the heat comes out then you have the problem in this area. Either the steel cable need to be lubricated or valve need to be replaced.