Sc430 Roof Problems

paulb

I've got a Japanese spec Soarer SC430, 2001 model and it's given no grief at all until about 8 weeks ago when the roof stopped during the opening sequence, at the point where the rear trim panel should lift and allow the roof to stow then drop again, spreading the two side trims and rear section out to meet the from of the trunk lid flush. It works if you manually raise the trim panel, but then sometimes jams- sometimes the panel lifts of its own accord so the mechanism seems to be OK. I think the entire thing has gotten out of sequence (as can happen with 206 Peugeots and SLK Mercs) and may need to be reset, but I can't work out how and my handbook is in Japanese. Any ideas? I've had it at a workshop for the last two months and it's driving us all nuts.

• 5 weeks later...
Sounds like the sensors are good but the roof ecu is crapped .

Any ideas on where I can pick up a second-hand ecu, and be able to return it if the one in the car is OK? Also any ideas on how to get the onboard diagnostics to work in English? We've hooked it up to a machine at Lexus but it only reads out in Japanese.