Interior Speakers

I have a 2000 GS 300...I'm looking perhaps after the holidays to re-do my interior speakers and also purchase and in dash (not flip out) unit to replace my factory radio. i have already purchased a portable navigation system and it works great (garmin). i do not necessarily need a unit with navigation but if it comes with it and it is a separate slot for the navigation disc then i will gladly give up my portable unit. Any input would be greatly appreciated...thanks. :cheers:

I have a 2000 GS 300...I'm looking perhaps after the holidays to re-do my interior speakers and also purchase and in dash (not flip out) unit to replace my factory radio. i have already purchased a portable navigation system and it works great (garmin). i do not necessarily need a unit with navigation but if it comes with it and it is a separate slot for the navigation disc then i will gladly give up my portable unit. Any input would be greatly appreciated...thanks. :cheers:

I have had a Pioneer AVIC-D2 for a while now, and I love it. It is a great unit. There are newer versions out there, but they all use the same map discs for the most part. And you can get it for much cheaper than the new ones. It is not a flip out, though. It is a full touch screen that folds down and behind the screen is a slot for the navigation DVD as well as a slot for CD/MP3/WMA, etc. You can get the XM or Siruis tuner if you want, but with XM you can get XM NavTraffic, which is pretty cool. You can hook an iPod to it, Bluetooth, rear camera, etc. It is worth checking out in my opinion. Also, in my old Lexus, I had Eclipse speakers all around and they sounded beautiful. Hope this helps.

I have a 2000 GS 300...I'm looking perhaps after the holidays to re-do my interior speakers and also purchase and in dash (not flip out) unit to replace my factory radio. i have already purchased a portable navigation system and it works great (garmin). i do not necessarily need a unit with navigation but if it comes with it and it is a separate slot for the navigation disc then i will gladly give up my portable unit. Any input would be greatly appreciated...thanks.:cheers:

I have had a Pioneer AVIC-D2 for a while now, and I love it. It is a great unit. There are newer versions out there, but they all use the same map discs for the most part. And you can get it for much cheaper than the new ones. It is not a flip out, though. It is a full touch screen that folds down and behind the screen is a slot for the navigation DVD as well as a slot for CD/MP3/WMA, etc. You can get the XM or Siruis tuner if you want, but with XM you can get XM NavTraffic, which is pretty cool. You can hook an iPod to it, Bluetooth, rear camera, etc. It is worth checking out in my opinion. Also, in my old Lexus, I had Eclipse speakers all around and they sounded beautiful. Hope this helps.

Do you happen to know what sizes those speakers were? Impedance, size, everything? and do you know if the first gen GS and second gen GS have the same size speakers?

Thanks,

~rob

I have a 2000 GS 300...I'm looking perhaps after the holidays to re-do my interior speakers and also purchase and in dash (not flip out) unit to replace my factory radio. i have already purchased a portable navigation system and it works great (garmin). i do not necessarily need a unit with navigation but if it comes with it and it is a separate slot for the navigation disc then i will gladly give up my portable unit. Any input would be greatly appreciated...thanks.:cheers:

Do you happen to know what sizes those speakers were? Impedance, size, everything? and do you know if the first gen GS and second gen GS have the same size speakers?

Thanks,

~rob

Sorry, but I do not remember the impedance or anything. They were in an ES300 anyway, so they may not have even been what you want for a GS. However I can tell you that the 2nd gen GS has 6.5" front and back, and so does the 1st gen. I hope this helps you.