Need A Feed Back New Nav Dvd Ver.7

The way to answer this question is by asking yourself this, how often did you buy a street directory?

I don't know anyone that buys a new one every year, especially since most of the time the changes are minimal or they're roads that wouldn't make a difference to you anyway.

I ask myself this and that is my answer as to whether i update my navigation disc or not (especially considering it costs a lot more than a street directory).

Infact! The latest street directory i have (for my state) is 2000! Then again both the cars have nav..... But i haven't updated either of them.

Unless there is some fancy new stuff you get (software/firmware) then the above question is all i have to ask myself.

In South Florida, with the rapidly expanding population, it is important to us to update our discs annually. The disc data is up to 2 years old when you receive it. So your 2006 disc has 2004 data. Alot has happened in 1 year. Addresses. maps, poi and others. Plus the increase in new exits on the interstates and turnpike are helpful for planning new routes when travelling on trips.

Dealer is charging you too much for the disc. Installation is simply ejecting the old disc and installing a new one, just like a music cd.

My two cents

• 1 month later...
In South Florida, with the rapidly expanding population, it is important to us to update our discs annually. The disc data is up to 2 years old when you receive it. So your 2006 disc has 2004 data. Alot has happened in 1 year. Addresses. maps, poi and others. Plus the increase in new exits on the interstates and turnpike are helpful for planning new routes when travelling on trips.

Dealer is charging you too much for the disc. Installation is simply ejecting the old disc and installing a new one, just like a music cd.

My two cents

I was qoted the same for the update for 2004 RX330, where can we get the update for less? Thank your help and keeping us informed.

The general of thumb for upgrading software is to first check the new additions, fixes of bugs/problems, etc..So we don't buy the upgrade(new version) unless it worths the money. I do not why Navteq never announces/posts these changes and news about their Nav. software since Lexus does not give it a damn.

I update the maps in my Garmin annually, but that's only $75... as noted the map data is already a year or two older than the indicated year, and if you live anywhere with much development things change fairly quickly. If you live someplace with very little development in the last few years you can probably skip it.

You can install the new disc yourself easily... and there's cheaper places than the dealer to buy it (try ebay for one)

I have IS250 and NAV on mine shows ver. 6

Just got a call from Lexus dealer said..... latest ver. released by Oct 2007.

Kinda costly it is around $350 plus installation fee!!

should I get it or not?

Thx..

TED

If you really crazy about it then try to get it from Sewell, follow this link:

http://www.lexus-parts.com/parts_detail.asp?id=90141&all=Y

It's only $260. And it is from trusted source.

My two cents

How do I get one of your later discs for my ES330? At present I have v 4.1 and would like to update.