1994 Ls400 Hood Latch Frozen

you cannot, you have to connect it to the batery directly only, do not try to charge it any other way or you risking setting your car on fire or at least burning some sensitive components.

• 4 weeks later...
I meant push out of parking lot to avoid tow.

Can't get iT out of gear if the battery's dead, and can't charge battery if hood won't open, so pushing is not an option.

I am having the same problem with my 93 GS300. I can see the latch through the grill and used a long flat head screwdriver (very thin) as a lever to lift the part which moves what appears to be the thing that you lift with your fingertips if hood has been released a little by Pulling the inside release lever, BUT though I can move the part very far with the screwdriver, the other part isn't moving far enough for me to stick my fingers under to finish the release.

HELP! WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!!?

MY CAR IS WAY UP IN A NARROW DRIVEWAY, NO WAY TO TOW IT!

I thought using the shift release button on gear lever allowed trans to be put in N without battery.

Is your hood latch cable operated like mine? IF so:

Have someone bang lightly with fist around latch area while pulling interior release. Also check its connection to cable.

Try spraying WD40.

Try heating latch with hairdryer.

You might be able to reach positive terminal of battery from below by jacking the car up but it sounds crazy. Negative is engine block.

Thats all i got...

• 3 months later...
I have a 56,000 mile Lexus LS400 Anniversary edition that is very clean.

Since moving to Minnesota, I have had problems with the door latch locking (or even holding the door shut), but now, and more seriously:

The hood latch will not pop open the hood, and the battery is drained after -5 F below zero. I have 5 cars, and this one has to stay outside

I wanted to put in another charged optima batterytoday, and couldn't get the get the hood open.

the car was covered with snow and ice. 2 days prior to today, it seems to have hesitation starting, and now the battery will not supply enough current to crank the starter.

Can I charge the battery through the fuse box? or the cigarette lighter or some other 12V heavy gauge wire through the interior??

The car used to have some electrical short when I was lived in California.I would drive the car one day, and the next, it wouldn't start

I REALLY need help on this because my apt wants their outdoor lot cleared on Monday, and the place is fanatical about their rules and towing residents cars away

This is not related to your subject but you are the third owner of a 94' Lexus Ls400 "Anniversary Edition" I have found. Do you know how many "Anniversary Editions" were mfg???