Rear Liftgate Rust/bubbling

chiro

I have a lot of bubbling under the Chrome on My 99. Would you all suggest getting body work done and repaint the lift gate or look for a salvage liftgate and have it painted. The rust appears to be coming from inside the liftgate unless someone with simialr experience knows more.

And where can one find salvage parts for Lx470s? I did google searches without much luck.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I have a lot of bubbling under the Chrome on My 99. Would you all suggest getting body work done and repaint the lift gate or look for a salvage liftgate and have it painted. The rust appears to be coming from inside the liftgate unless someone with simialr experience knows more.

And where can one find salvage parts for Lx470s? I did google searches without much luck.

Thanks!

Chiro. I have water under the rug where the 3rd row of seats would be(I took them out) Did u figure out what your problem source was ... Thanks, Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

Chiro. I have water under the rug where the 3rd row of seats would be(I took them out) Did u figure out what your problem source was ... Thanks, Chris

I have the same bubbling issue on my 2000 LX470

Dealer told me that I could replace it at my cost

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I've found that the Lexus part number is 76812-60010 and costs about $58 + shipping at www.lexuspartsmall.com. If anyone has replaced this part DIY, some instructions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dear LX 470 owner,

I have exactly the same problem. Would appreciate any advice on how to get it fixed.