Help! New To The Forum

stockplayerz

hello, i am new to this forum and came in search for some help. i have a 99 lexus rx300 that suddenly won't blow cold nor hot air. i don't hear the fan turning on at all. it was working fine up till now. what are the things that i can check myself before taking it to the dealer? is there a fuse of some sort? or a computer reset? or...? please advise. thanks. mike

Mike,

It would be a good idea to check your fuses first. I am certain there is a blower motor fuse. Look for it and I would guess that it could be blown. If not, the actual motor may be out. It is not too difficult of a fix if you are somewhat handy and can turn a screw driver and wrench. You can probably search the forum for similiar problems and answers. Hope this helps.

Mike,

It would be a good idea to check your fuses first. I am certain there is a blower motor fuse. Look for it and I would guess that it could be blown. If not, the actual motor may be out. It is not too difficult of a fix if you are somewhat handy and can turn a screw driver and wrench. You can probably search the forum for similiar problems and answers. Hope this helps.

thanks for the reply. if anyone has any specifics of where i can check for the fuse, please let me know. thanks.

hello, i am new to this forum and came in search for some help. i have a 99 lexus rx300 that suddenly won't blow cold nor hot air. i don't hear the fan turning on at all. it was working fine up till now. what are the things that i can check myself before taking it to the dealer? is there a fuse of some sort? or a computer reset? or...? please advise. thanks. mike

I would first pull the battery cable for a few minutes to reset all the electronics. This may get things going.

Mike,

thanks for the reply. if anyone has any specifics of where i can check for the fuse, please let me know. thanks.

The fuse box is just to the left of the steering wheel. There is a small flip down compartment. The fuses are located behind this compartment. On the back side of the detachable compartment there is a list of the fuses. look for the blower fuse or the heater fuse. Hope this helps.