Nakamichi Radio Lcd

5150 ride

• 5 years later...

I have a 1998 GS300 with the Nakamichi stereo system 7
speaker. The LCD display appears to have gone out completely and cannot see
stations or selections whatsoever. I would like to know if anyone knows who replaces
LCD display and or where to order the LCD to do it myself?

Does anyone know where I can get a LCD for my 98 ES Nakamichi stereo? A search of the forum revealed a lot of hits on how to get a LCD for a Pioneer stereo, but none for a Nakamichi stereo sad.gif Any help would be greatly appriciated.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?s=bae2be6d2a436ff7798097e7ed7a9a53&app=googlecse#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=replace lcd display nakamichi

This link to a search of our data base should give you some good information.

Paul

Contact factoryradioservice.com in California and ask. They replaced the LCD bulbs and installed a wonderful aux-in port on the back and an on/off switch on the front of my 2000 LS400 Nakamichi radio last year. Excellent, fast and reasonable.

Paul A. that link did not help at all!

I looked at all ten pages and nothing about the Nakamichi LCD replacement. Unless I missed something?

Thanks anyway..:-(

Suggest you do a search your self.

Paul......[no comment]

Thanks for your advice that is very, very helpfull, I would have never thought of doing the reserch mydelfF? wow!!

1990LS400>

Thank you very much, that is very helpful, before
you replied I did find last night your information this factory repair service
and was going to contact them today.

Your information is the best I have found. I hope
they can replace my LCD because my radio is in mint condition and works well
with great sound; the only thing is the fading of the LCD.

Again, thank you buddy!

Contact factoryradioservice.com in California and ask. They replaced the LCD bulbs and installed a wonderful aux-in port on the back and an on/off switch on the front of my 2000 LS400 Nakamichi radio last year. Excellent, fast and reasonable.

Hello> 1990LS400

I just received this reply from Factory service repair.

>[start of message]

Most of the Nakamichi We can not get part , Pioneer is OK.

Thanks

--

Factory Radio Service and Repair

www.factoryradioservice.com

John

>[end of message]

Lord know how long I have been doing this research and all by myself!! On

and off to see if there is anything new anywhere about tis Nakachimi.

I did have great hope for this Factory Service repair site!

I will keep trying maybe a local shop if they can invent or install another

LCD into this Nakamichi LCD replacement

Thank you friend.

Sorry. I was hoping that John Nguyen would offer you a used Nak LCD salvaged from a non-working head unit. I don't see any used head units for a 98 GS on his website but you could check his eBay store or see if someone else on eBay has a working head unit for sale. Have you checked auto salvage yards? Or advertise for one on Lexus forums including Clublexus where a coworker bought a 98-00 LS400 Nak system a few years back.

• Like 1

United Radio in New York specializes in Automotive radio, sound and any other audio compnents. Several members have used their services and have had great results. I don't know, but in addition to repair, they might have remanufactured head units.

The link below takes you to their site.

http://unitedradio.com/automotive/

Paul

Now that I'm typing on a real computer instead of a phone .... the problem is that Nakamichi went bankrupt short after Toyota stopped using their products in the 2000 model year. A Nakamichi company exists today but it is not the same organization as the old one and does not support the previous Nakamichi company's products.

I recently read how supplies of used Lexus Nakamichi components is drying up and that the only alternative may at some point be to install an aftermarket audio system. It's a bummer. The Nakamichi in my 2000 LS400 is an incredible system but it is one of the reasons I'm planning to replace my LS next year.

United Radio in New York specializes in Automotive radio, sound and any other audio compnents. Several members have used their services and have had great results. I don't know, but in addition to repair, they might have remanufactured head units.

The link below takes you to their site.

http://unitedradio.com/automotive/

Paul

Thanks Paul. I have contacted them and I am waiting about the LCD replacemeht or with any other suggestion from them without having to replace the head.

Now that I'm typing on a real computer instead of a phone .... the problem is that Nakamichi went bankrupt short after Toyota stopped using their products in the 2000 model year. A Nakamichi company exists today but it is not the same organization as the old one and does not support the previous Nakamichi company's products.

I recently read how supplies of used Lexus Nakamichi components is drying up and that the only alternative may at some point be to install an aftermarket audio system. It's a bummer. The Nakamichi in my 2000 LS400 is an incredible system but it is one of the reasons I'm planning to replace my LS next year.

1990LS400,

You have been great help and a very concerned Forum friend. You are an example

of a what a friend should be. You have followed up and you know what it is to

need assistance from someone, anyone.

I am very thankful for your persistent help on this.

I am going to contact as you suggested all the salvage locations in my area

as swell as the other Lexus forum.

I will keep this forum inform in case I do find an answer or solution and

someone else can use it here at some time in the future.

I love my old 1998 GS300 with 156,000 miles. All I have done to the car is oil

changes, gasoline and the occasional wax & Shine.

The only repairs have been a timing chain, recently a leaky oil timing chain

gasket, & Only recently had to change the Throttle assembly and a Power steering

hose. Not bad for 16 year old car.

The Sound system is fantastic except for the fading LCD but everything work

and I love the Body shape, sorry but the new 2013 all look like Camrys!!

Thanks again1990LS400

Hi again,

Just ran across these postings about members who are parting out a couple of cars, your vintage. I have no idea but maybe one might have a head unit.

Here is the link: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/76095-1999-lexus-gs300-parts-car/

Paul

Thank you for acknowloging the great contribution Jim makes to this Club. He has tremendous knowledge, especially about the older models, and goes out of his way to provide data that no one else seems to have. He is a great guy.

• Like 1

Hi again,

Just ran across these postings about members who are parting out a couple of cars, your vintage. I have no idea but maybe one might have a head unit.

Here is the link: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/76095-1999-lexus-gs300-parts-car/

Paul

Thank you for acknowloging the great contribution Jim makes to this Club. He has tremendous knowledge, especially about the older models, and goes out of his way to provide data that no one else seems to have. He is a great guy.

Thanks Paul, I appreciate you remembering me on this, I have

asked them about availability of radio/lCD