Rust Proofing

rfcbuf

Just purchased RX 330 in Buffalo, NY. Dealer said body does not need to be rust proofed with undercoating. Is that true?. What does Lexus do to keep body from rusting in areas where salt is used regularly on roads during winter?

Double galvanized steel and other inhibitors before assembly plus white gloves during assembly to keep from small scratches rusting barre metal in spots. I have not seen Lexus in Canada rust much at all if any . Only ones that where not taken care of. You can rust proof it once every 3 years for extra security but it isn;t needed as much is the car is stored outside and washed regularly especially the underside in the winter getting a power washer into all the tight spots in there.

The only rust i have found was my rear rebar ,which is the metal support behind the rear bumper it was rusty as hell once .Mainly becuase i never stuck a hose in there to wash it out much at all and it gets alot of heat from the exhaust to activate the corrosion from salt.