CIJ

Hello all,

Just thought i'd introduce myself! Im Chris n from the UK, i've decided to post up on here cos im going to be heading over to the USA on the 26th December in Los Angeles fro 3days i think then up to Vancouver for 2days!

What i was wanting to know is there any stores for buying parts for my IS200 in LA (as the pound is so strong at the mo :whistles: ) I kinda know what im after (megan Downpipe) is one of the things, and whatever else looks good and i can get home with me! (I work on the container ships if anyone knows where they come into LA??)

A quick note bout my car, its only a IS200 with manual tranny, just bought the TTE Supercharger for it so that will be going on in the near future. Also have Tien Mono-Flex coilovers on order, which should be here in January! Also some other bits and pieces which ive added in the last few years!

pict0011lg5.jpg

Anyway, would be nice if someone could show me what the US sceen is like when im over there??

Cheers all

Chris

Welcome to the LOC Chris! I alwways like talking to people in other countries about cars. I don't know, but I find it cool that people in other cultures and diverse places are sitting in their garage looking at a car and thinking the same things I am. " How can I make this beautiful car go faster?? And how do I come up with the money for it??? LOL!!!

well, I'd love to hook up with ya, but I'm in Florida. Sorry. I could take you Titan Motor sports, you could get anything you wanted there. But again, that's here in Orlando.

That's a nice ride you have going there. Is that the stock front bumper or did you put that on? Is it a lip kit or the whole bumper?

Cheers for the Welcome mate,

You should have a visit on our UK LOC, theres plenty of sweet rides on there n many more pushing out more power than mine. The front bumber is the original stock with Lexus's front splitters on, i was going to change but they are of a rare purchase over here so they are stayin on! lol

I thought they would have been a few more replies bout me comin over to LA, is there not many members on here from around there? I think it would be good to show a few of our members in the UK how some of your cars are looking!?

Cheers

Chris

This site can get busy at times, but then can slow down for awhile again. I pretty much stick to the IS 300 forums and the general discussions can be anice place to meet the other members here. If you want a bigger crowd, then go to MY.IS.com. Most everyone goes there. But I warn you, there are alot of "know it all" tuners that post there and they can be kinda jerks sometimes. I like this forum the best. I think the quality of people that post here are much better. we have a ton of Lurkers here. (People who only read and never post.) I wish we had alot more participation too.

I have been to the UK LOC. Yeah, I tried to get Tony to help me with the Geometery issue a long time ago, but I don't know what happened. Maybe I'll try again.

I would personally say give him a pm again, i aint used him as he's a few hundred miles away from me! Also you will have to tell him how your cars set up. Also i dont know him so a pm from me would just be like a pm from you if you know what i mean?

As for where to post, i thought people would use all the forum, i mean read all unread posts like i do, no matter what part of the forum there from? Still no news from anyone on the West Coast then? Looks like i'll just be gettin a taxi and askin them where to go??!!

I would personally say give him a pm again, i aint used him as he's a few hundred miles away from me! Also you will have to tell him how your cars set up. Also i dont know him so a pm from me would just be like a pm from you if you know what i mean?

As for where to post, i thought people would use all the forum, i mean read all unread posts like i do, no matter what part of the forum there from? Still no news from anyone on the West Coast then? Looks like i'll just be gettin a taxi and askin them where to go??!!

Don't forget the Lexus IS200 isn't available in the States, just the IS300. Also the specs are different in some respects e.g. front and rear bumpers (fenders).

Fancy seeing u on here Tango, not much been said on the UK forum at the min. Yeah i know bout the diffs mate, im not really lookin for body work, the main thing is the exhaust! (Yemegi has it on his is200) As i dont know this part of the states i thought i'd get some heads up before i walked aimlesly around!!

Iposted this in the Chronicles of a Dream Ride for ya, but here it is again.

So, what you planning for the IS 200? I think you said you wanted a Megan header? They are located in CA. So, maybe you can swing by there. They are at 489 Yorbita Rd. LaPuenta, CA and thier phone number is 626-581-0988. They may not sell you direct, So here is their CA distributor list

North America - USA - California

CAREX AUTO SERVICES INC

20750 CARRY RD

Walnut, CA 91789

INFO@OPTIONIMPORTS.COM

TEL: 909-595-7765

FAX: 909-595-7227

www.optionimports.com

Unified Distribution

3740 San Gabriel River Parkway

Pico Rivera, CA 90660

Tel: 562-695-1165

Fax: 562-695-1225

M1 AUTOSPORT

1162 Ramona Blvd.

El Monte, CA 91732

tel.626.575.4835 fax.626.575.4865

www.m1autosport.com

Pro-Street Motorsports

3302 Arden Road

Hayward, CA 94545

sales@prostreetonline.com

Tel: 510-688-9971

Fax: 510-688-9977

Hop Up Racing

204 N. El Camino Real STE E #332

Encinitas CA 92024

Tel: 760-942-2503

http://www.hopupracing.com

Elite Performance

318 Jackson Street

Fairfield, CA 94533

sales@eliteperformanceracing.com

Tel# 707-421-2085

Fax# 413-215-6647

www.eliteperformanceracing.com

SpeedStar Racing

1179 TASMAN DR.

SUNNYVALE, CA 94089

sales@speedstar-racing.com

Tel: 408-306-8383

Fax: 408-400-0977

Alliance Distribution Int l Inc.

124 S. 6th St

Industry, CA 91746

Tel: 626-968-1700

Fax: 626-968-2588

www.alliance247.com

Maybe call ahead and make sure they have what you want in stock so when you get there it's cash and carry. If you go to Meagan HQ, tell Andy I said hi!!!

Fancy seeing u on here Tango, not much been said on the UK forum at the min. Yeah i know bout the diffs mate, im not really lookin for body work, the main thing is the exhaust! (Yemegi has it on his is200) As i dont know this part of the states i thought i'd get some heads up before i walked aimlesly around!!

Good idea, 'cos that's exactly what I did when I was first in Houston. Looking through the telephone directory (I know it's low tech) for local tuning and accessory companies came up with a few but also directed me to empty sites or places that had either moved or closed down.

Looks like resident gearhead 'Smooth1' has done good.... :cheers:

welp if you were coming to colorado or i lived in california i might be able to help you out, but i'm kinda useless :) have a good time in california though, it's beeeyoooteeefull! and there are lots of IS's there, but you probably won't see any just like yours like tango said. good luck on the deals!