Pacific Nw Storms

Rya

Hey Guys,

I know a bunch of you live in the Pacific NW. My G-Ma lives in the Seaside, OR area and my dad happened to be visiting when the storms hit. They're ok - limited power and heat - but ok. I've been reading the Daily Astorian for info. Has anyone in the LOC been affected?

The Astoria Bridge - view is from the Oregon side spanning the Columbia River to Washington.

bridge1.jpg

Columbia River Maritime Museum. My G-Pa was the president of the board for two terms and raised a few $$ for the renovations that happened a few years ago.

P1010054.jpg

Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach

101_3969.jpg

I moved AWAY from that stupid state(Washington) to get away from all that damn rain. Just need to convince the rest of my family to do the same, so I don't ever have to go back for even a visit.

Go ahead, ask me how I REALLY feel about the great pacific north-WET! :P

I moved AWAY from that stupid state(Washington) to get away from all that damn rain. Just need to convince the rest of my family to do the same, so I don't ever have to go back for even a visit.

:D Yep - it does rain a lot. We visit in July or August when it's usually dry. We drove out to Mt. Saint Helen's this year and we were lucky enough to have a clear day. The times I have been there in May or November - nothing but crappy weather. I LOVE it out there, but again, I don't see all of the rain and that whole tsunami that is waiting to happen kinda freaks me out a bit too.

Been here since '61, from AR/TN, lovin' every minute...

PS: Its 35.6F and snowing here in Woodinville at the monent.

Yeah, some don't mind the weather. My brother would love to move away, but his wife is a native, and actually loves it there. Different strokes, and all ;)

My family moved there back in '68, from L.A., and I hated it from day one. Gimme the 'ol sunshine! B)

BTW, we moved from just up the road from you, Arlington. Isn't hwy 9 wonderful!? Esecially during rush hour! :o

Nope, don't miss it there in the least.

Well, my G-Ma's condo got the power back on, on Friday. My dad said everything is still a mess - lots of downed trees. Luckily there was not any damage to the condo or the cars which is good. The UPS store opened up cell phone charging service for free and free internet on Wednesday or Thursday which was nice. But I found out last night that Dad is moving G-Ma to Ohio in the Spring. :( I know it's time, but there are many sad aspects to this.