Lexus Dealers But Not Using Lexus Technicians

ISFEXTREME

I would like to inform Lexus owners out there that you may not be getting what you pay for. I came to find out that while having my Lexus serviced at Bobby Rahal Lexus in Mechanicsburg PA that my car was actually sent to a sister dealership, Bobby Rahal Acura, to get serviced. When I heard this from another Lexus owner he told me they actually do it a lot, whenever they are slow and Lexus over schedules. He said if I looked at my receipt for a technician number it would be either in the 1000's or 3000's. Numbers starting in the 1000's are Lexus technicians while 3000's are Acura technicians. My car had a 3000 number technician on it. I asked what that stood for and he said it was employee numbers. He then told me that if it was under 1000 like 100's it could be a Bobby Rahal Honda number.....Well I was not happy to hear this at all. I was paying a higher labor rate to get a Lexus certified technician and wasn't getting one. Isn't that fraud? Now Bobby Rahal Lexus has started construction on a new dealership, but currently and for awhile now, has been in the same building as Toyota. I did some more digging and found that Toyota technicians were also doing Lexus work sometimes and they have numbers in the 1000's also. Funny thing is if you walk a few feet into the Toyota service area you can see that they are less an hour for labor, but I was paying the Lexus rate. Now I did come across the fact that Lexus has different levels of technicians, Certified, Senior, Master, and Diagnostic Master (lowest to highest). More digging showed me to more things like sometimes the people in the office do stuff to the cars and just put a technician number down even though no technician worked on it. I found that they only way to tell who really worked on your car is to actually ask, and hope they don't lie. I asked him how he came across this and said he new people throughout the Bobby Rahal Dealerships in sales, service and parts who have all mentioned it at one time or another when he has brought it up as if its no big deal. I have yet to confront them on this but am building my case up to make sure I have all the facts before I get into anything serious with them. I have only serviced my car at Bobby Rahal Lexus but is this common at other dealerships? I just figured we as Lexus owners have a right to know who is actually working on our cars when we are paying for a certified technician.