Cd Changer Question

tegralipse

Hello everyone, I have a 93 ES 300 and my factory changer wont open when I press the button so I fugure it's broken. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any other changers that are compatible with the factory deck. Because I don't want to get one with a modulator, they are awful! Thanks!

Did you ever try pressing the button hard cause i know one time (when i first got my car) it wouldn't open so i pressed the putton hard (twice) and then after that it worked fine. I don't know if it was just stuck or what cause i have no problems with it now. I mean it won't hurt to try being that it might be broke anyway. I didn't like push it so hard that it would get stuck in there but i did add a little more pressure to it then you normally would.

I had the same problem in my 1995 ES300. After trying everything else I lifted the flap and used a kitchen knife to press down on the cartridge while I pushed the button. It popped out and I haven't had a problem since. I still to this day do not know why it was stuck. You should definitely try this method before going out and buying a new cd changer.

Does the light on the button light up? On my changer it didn't always work properly....or the little door wouldn't open all of the time, so I hit the top of the changer with my hand, and now it opens everytime and on the first try! Just my .02

:cheers: