Was Looking For A Gs But Fell For The Ls

daveGSLooker

Hey Guys, just bought a Silver 2001 LS430 Ultra with Nav a week ago her in FL... I was looking at GS's but found them to have interiors that seemed too small for my three kids. gotta say I love the LS, even if my wife jokes that its a geezer car (I'm 33)... I bought it for $18,700 with 63k on it. It had been sitting at chevy dealer for like 3 months and I was able to get them to take $10k off there asking price... the only catch was the ML sub was blown and the dealer had replaced the rear air struts with hydraulic.

I've only had the car a week, and this site has been really useful for hardwiring my radar detector, overiding the NAV, and disconnecting the sub. This is by far the most luxurious and fast car I've owned.... I think it's a little faster than my '96 Z28 that I used to have.

Anyways I'm planning on ordering the ML subwoofer even though the $300 dollars hurts, just don't want to take the chance !Removed! up the stereo with another type of sub.

Also planning on installing a cold air intake.... anyone have any luck with these? How does the engine sound with them.

Congrats! You may want to check the AV forums i know some people have replaced the ML subwoofer with another aftermarket product (JL I believe) and have had good results. Sometimes they also come up on ebay.

Yeah people may say the LS is a geezer car; then they sit behind it at the next stoplight and say nothing. :pirate:

Hey Guys, just bought a Silver 2001 LS430 Ultra with Nav a week ago her in FL... I was looking at GS's but found them to have interiors that seemed too small for my three kids. gotta say I love the LS, even if my wife jokes that its a geezer car (I'm 33)... I bought it for $18,700 with 63k on it. It had been sitting at chevy dealer for like 3 months and I was able to get them to take $10k off there asking price... the only catch was the ML sub was blown and the dealer had replaced the rear air struts with hydraulic.

I've only had the car a week, and this site has been really useful for hardwiring my radar detector, overiding the NAV, and disconnecting the sub. This is by far the most luxurious and fast car I've owned.... I think it's a little faster than my '96 Z28 that I used to have.

Anyways I'm planning on ordering the ML subwoofer even though the $300 dollars hurts, just don't want to take the chance !Removed! up the stereo with another type of sub.

Also planning on installing a cold air intake.... anyone have any luck with these? How does the engine sound with them.

Congrats! You may want to check the AV forums i know some people have replaced the ML subwoofer with another aftermarket product (JL I believe) and have had good results. Sometimes they also come up on ebay.

Yeah people may say the LS is a geezer car; then they sit behind it at the next stoplight and say nothing. :pirate:

yeah before i bought my 92 ls, my girlfriend and sister were like, "thats your grandpas car, yada yada yada"..since than they all love this car, and consider it a real treat when they drive it, so all it takes is well working example and a solid road test and that pretty much kills that whole "buick" notion...

i cant even imagine what theyd think of an 01...

The wonders of the LS (and the GS as I own one of them too) are the best kept automotive secret in the world. Only the un-informed think of them as "old peoples" cars. And as long as most are un-informed, we'll have the best chance of buying these cars used at great prices.

If I had the room and the money I'd buy every used LS I could find and stack them like cordwood in the backyard!