Do You Have A Canada Gs And Not Know It?

Hey.. I was looking at my Lexus key.. and on the back it says CANADA:82382 828 232....... does this mean my car is not USA???

Yep, your car is canadian... sorry man... it happens sometimes... don't worry febreeze would take care of the maple syrup and hockey smell. jk. That number is the transponder code to your keys, now anyone that reads it can break into your car... jk again... ok fine i'm not funny, but my keys say something just like that, i guess its just like a canadian FCC number of some sort. If it really were canadian I think the temp and speedo would be using the metric system.

Hey.. I was looking at my Lexus key.. and on the back it says CANADA:82382 828 232....... does this mean my car is not USA???

Does your car have headlight washers? Canada cars are built with them as original equipment. That's a quick way to tell just by looking at the outside of the car.

Whats up... 1st.. Of course im not going to put the real numbers of the key chain.. lol.. second, my car doesnt have any light washers.. and 3rd, my VIN does start with a J.. So im guessing it is a USA model..

Another questions.. How safe is making a new key from these guys???? Isnt kind of scary for someone to have your key??? check out the link and tell me what you think?? Would you buy from them?

http://www.toy-lex.com/

Whats up... 1st.. Of course im not going to put the real numbers of the key chain.. lol.. second, my car doesnt have any light washers.. and 3rd, my VIN does start with a J.. So im guessing it is a USA model..

Another questions.. How safe is making a new key from these guys???? Isnt kind of scary for someone to have your key??? check out the link and tell me what you think?? Would you buy from them?

http://www.toy-lex.com/

The first digit of the VIN tells you where it was made. J= Japan 2= Canada. As far as I know the only Lexus not built in Japan is some of the RX330-350 models which are Canada.

Then why does the key say canada..

The Canada reference is just an indication that the radio frequency used by the key's transmitter to remotely operate your car's doors, windows and trunk is OK for use in Canada and registered with their authorities. That's why the first line references the FCC, again stating that the Federal Communications Commission here in the US is OK with the radio transmitter device. Nothing more.