Advice On Body Parts, Rear Passenger Quarter Panel

clazie

I backed out of a parking spot and tagged the edge of my car on a poll. I guess I turned into it and crushed the passenger rear quarter panel. From the looks of it this part goes all along the side up to the front at the windshield. I will need to look at it better during the day and when I am not so angry.. haha.

I am really hoping to avoid claiming insurance on this one, but I might have to, if I could possibly find the part I would be able to determine how much this will cost me. One problem I am having is determining the NAME OF THE PART!!

Is it passenger side panel? Rear passenger quarter panel? Rear passenger fender? Rear passenger body panel? I am at a loss and now extremely curious since I cannot find any consistency of its name online.

Thanks in advance for your help

-Clazie

I believe someone once told me, that the section of the car in question is actually "part" of the car, which means it can't be replaced, only banged out and painted.

I attached a picture with the shaded region representing the section that cannot be replaced, only fixed. Is this the section you're speaking of?

post-13420-1196694048_thumb.jpg