Question: Can I Use Local Shop?

deeps30

Club Members,

Any thoughts on whether you recommend dumping the "white glove" Lexus service (and high flying labour rates) and turning over repair and maintenance to my local garage?

My local guy claims he has done Lexus, Bmers etc but I am not sure I should turn over my fine automobile to him.

I know there are DIY guys in the club so maybe some work can be done outside the dealer.

No offensive to any make but if it was a Ford or Chev, I would not hesitate but Lexus equipment and electronics are pretty sophisticated.

Many Thanks.

It all comes down to the experience of the shop. Just as with anything, you have good ones and bad ones. Research and find a shop that has plenty of experience and you feel comfortable with. The biggest mistake people make regarding shops is they do not shop around. They hear a guy say I know what the prob is and they feel like they are obligated to use him.........shop around and find a good mechanic who has GOOD REFERRALS and repeat business. Ask for a reference from anoother Lexus customer or two. If they can't provide you with these referrences, DON'T USE THEM. Just be upfront and tell them you are researching and need referrences to earn your business.