Need Some Help On 4wheel Drive

highgrade

I pulled the lever down to L on the shift lever and now im trying to set it back to neutral so it can be the way it was before for normal driving and the car does not seem to go into neutral. I grinded the gear a few times trying to set it back to nuetral. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

I pulled the lever down to L on the shift lever and now im trying to set it back to neutral so it can be the way it was before for normal driving and the car does not seem to go into neutral. I grinded the gear a few times trying to set it back to nuetral. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Make sure the center diff lock switch is off (if you see a light in the dash of a symbol w/ 4 wheels and a "X" in the middle lit up, the CDL is engaged. If you try to turn with it engage, the drivetrain will bind, making it difficult to get the transfer case out of L or H and into the other gear. After unlocking, you need to unbind. If you have turned, backing up and undoing the turn works, or drive on a dirt road/slippery surface, or jack up the front end of the car and lower it. ;) Remember, turning is bad when the CDL is engaged since it forces both driveshafts to turn at the same rate while the front axle and rear axle (but the nature of having different turning radii) will resist).

You should only shift the t-case lever when < 5mph (preferably when stopped), CDL disengaged. You can even put the transmission in N