Finally Took The Plunge For The Ls!

98es

So lately I've been toying with the idea of getting rid of our 2003 V8 4Runner for a lot of different reasons (gas among the most). I've always been drawn to the LS, so I talked my mom into getting a 2002 LS430 about 6 months ago... Well today I found what I've been looking for! It's a 2001 LS430 w/navigation and Mark Levinson. See the pics below! I was really glad to find the black ext with the beige interior. Its been really well maintained and has 98k miles. I was kind of reluctant about the mileage, but my wife (who will be driving this most) didn't care too much for the previous generation LS which we could afford w/less miles. Anyways, I've been playing with the voice activated navigation and its awesome. It was a real pleasant surprise on the way home to see that it had the Mark Levinson stereo... I didn't even notice while i was looking at it! I ended up paying $18,000 + ttl, which i thought was a real fair deal. This black beauty goes well in the driveway next to my white 98 ES!!!!!

post-13068-1196563122_thumb.jpg

post-13068-1196563147_thumb.jpg

post-13068-1196563162_thumb.jpg

post-13068-1196563210_thumb.jpg

Now that's a slick looking LS! I love those wheels, really gives it a handsome and classy look! I can see where this would be a very hard temptation to not take in regards to trading the 4runner for it. 4runners are sweet, I love ours, but the LS430 is in a league all it's own! However, you'll miss that power rear window, especially in the Home Depot parking lot! Hahaha... LS's and plywood go together like a Fiat & a long road trip....some things just don't work! That's why you have friends in NC that'll gladly let you borrow his 4runner, while he borrows your LS!

Congrats Wes!!! That is a sweet car!!! B) I know yall are going to love it and enjoy it more many, many years...for only $18k too, that seems like a great deal for something in such great shape! The LSs are really good on gas too; mine gets 26-27mpg on the hwy.

I was kind of reluctant about the mileage, but my wife (who will be driving this most) didn't care too much for the previous generation LS which we could afford w/less miles.
Worried about the mileage?? My old LS has averaged 25k miles per year so far, and it still runs like a champ. :D

post-1461-1196566900_thumb.jpg