No Longer A Lexus Owner...

nc211

Well my LOC family, it's with mixed emotions that I tell you I am officially no longer a lexus owner. My LS sold this week for $7,350. Somebody around here got a great car for a good price. I'm happy with the price, right in the sweet spot for private party KBB value. It took about 4 months to sell, but it finally did. So...one day I will update my profile with "200* LS430", but it'll be awhile. Got a baby on the way, and I don't think my patience could handle diapers in my LS. The 4runner will be the baby-!Removed! slingin' machine for the next couple of years.

Well my LOC family, it's with mixed emotions that I tell you I am officially no longer a lexus owner. My LS sold this week for $7,350. Somebody around here got a great car for a good price. I'm happy with the price, right in the sweet spot for private party KBB value. It took about 4 months to sell, but it finally did. So...one day I will update my profile with "200* LS430", but it'll be awhile. Got a baby on the way, and I don't think my patience could handle diapers in my LS. The 4runner will be the baby-!Removed! slingin' machine for the next couple of years.

:cries: And the cheetos stains ? :lol: I suppose they will stick to the bottle :lol::lol::lol: Congrats :cheers:

Ahh Geezz :blushing: Haha.... I'm still sticking around. For the thousand$ I spent, and hours under the car, I feel an obligation to pass along the stuff I learned from 3 years of ownership to the new crop. Plus, honestly, this is the only website I really like and am a part of. I've signed onto other forum sites, 4runner.coms, bmw, infiniti, subaru, mazda, but none even come close to this one! Heck, I can't seem to get answers over on the 4runner site. Plus, if I leave, DC will steal my cheetos n' beer, and who's gonna keep SWO in check with my Infiniti G35 v. ES cracks?! :D

Another lexus will certainly be in my future, we'll just have to wait and see. I was telling Blake that when the baby comes in May, my wife is going to take the 4runner and I'll be driving the Mazda 3. One, the gas mileage of the Mazda is amazing. We're fortunate enough that my wife doesn't have to work anymore, so I'll be the only one commuting. Two, I don't feel nearly as confident about the Mazda's ability to perform in an accident as I do about the 4runner, and I don't really want my infant getting blasted by 8 airbags. So, I'll be in the Mazda... But, it's small and a freakin' riot to drive, but it's small....too small for a business man in certain settings. So....in the back of my mind....something a tad bigger might replace it in the next 12-18 months. Possibly a 02-ish GS. But, who knows.... I do know I'm sticking around here for a long time. I want to see Blake hit 500,000! And SW03ES change his screen name to SWLS4*0! :cheers:

NC- Sorry to see you sell your lexus, but i know you'll be back! Its funny you went from a LS to a 4Runner; i just traded my 4Runner in for a LS430. Anyways, good luck to you and your wife! I can't wait to have kids someday! I think we're waiting for a few more years... at least... we're both 24 and just beginning careers! Hope to see you back around here.

Congrats on the imminent arrival, have always enjoyed your posts and the way you persevered getting that vibration sorted on your LS.

Although once the little one arrives you will probably not have much time to join in around here, we will always appreciate your input.

May you always be upwind of the diapers.

Regards,

Leadfoot.

Just had our little one on 10/19/2007 babies are loads of fun NC. But get all of the sleep that you can now...I know what you mean about the smaller cars too. My wife's c230 is fun to drive too, but I have been driving it for a couple of weeks and getting in and out of it after driving in my RX.... :blink:I must be getting old! And it is no fun at all to put the car seat and stroller in that...but another tip. Let your wife take it shopping with the baby... :lol: :D it will cut down her shopping...she can't fit the bags anywhere! She still says she loves her car so whatever.

98ES- Smart to plan ahead. I am 28 and this is our first child. My wife and I have been married for almost 4 years and have been together for over 9 years. There is nothing wrong with taking your time and enjoying each other for awhile. Having a baby is great but it makes even the most simple task that you are used to just doing a little different.

Best of Luck NC!

Thanks guys & gals for those very kind words! I really enjoy helping folks here, and having a bit of fun too! We're now about 4 months pregnant, starting to show, and the wife has finally regained her energy. The 1st trimester was a breeze, no morning sickness at all, just very very tired. Hopefully the rest of the pregnancy will be as easy on her. Just one round of the flu, over thanksgiving weekend, and that's all. Lexirx, I agree about waiting to start a family until the moms&dads have had a little time to themselves. We wanted to do some travelling first, and right on cue', the day we got back from our last "must see place before baby", baby-time-clock started to tick. We've covered New Zealand, Australia, Fiji, Germany, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Switzerland, Rodeo Drive, Newport Beach and a few others. Now it's family time, with a few "Clark Griswald" roadtrips to Wallyworld. Oddly enough, you guys would get a kick out of knowing that I've strung up over 3,500 christmas lights this year, blown two fuses, and shorted out one of those saftey outlets! But, thanks to my many extension cords, the house is lit up like a freakin' runway, and blinding the neighbors in my culdasac! Hahaha...

Keep your eyes open for a newbie someday from Raleigh with a 95' black LS400, with approx. 135k miles... They just might be the new owner!