Transmission Vibrating Noise

rdiaz

I purchased a RX 330 back in August 03. Presently, I have 2100 miles. I noticed an annoying noise that sounds like a transmission heat shield vibrating. I took the vehicle twice to my Dealer (Lexus of Cherry Hill, New Jersey) they assured me that there was nothing loose or defective on or around the transmission. The noise is normal explained their master Tech. I’m very disappointed and can not believe this is normal. I would like some feedback from other owners if they also have this problem. The following conditions will replicate the vibrating noise:

1) Car must be at normal running temperature.

2) Run the car for at least 4 miles.

3) The noise can be heard when the car is stopped & in the “Drive” or “Reverse” position.

4) Move the transmission to the “Neutral” or “Park” position the noise goes away.

5) The vibrating noise can be heard in the cabin not clearly from the outside.

Any feedback or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

R Diaz

radiaz@comcast.net

I notice a similar problem with my rx330 as well. Since I can hear the noise only occasionally, I have not taken my vehicle to dealership to check out. Besides this problem, have you noticed transmission hesitation when driving at slow speed? The hard-shifting/transmission hesitation problem that I am experiencing with my vehicle are driving me mad. I wonder if the two are related.

I noticed both of these symptoms on my new RX330.

Its the AWD version - maybe thats a possible link between these issues?

I notice the hesitation at slow speeds, and the vibration when i'm idle with the engine running.

If anyone gets a solution, i'd love to hear it. First service i'll mention it too.