2006 Rx400h Nav Upgrade

• 2 months later...

I still use 5.1 because the later updates didn't significantly update road changes in my geographical area(New England). You might want to check with the dealer and see if the DFW area(or wherever you drive) was significantly improved in the later versions before incurring the expense of a new DVD.

• 2 weeks later...
Does the DVD upgrade disable the override that allows changing info while in motion?

Yes

But the Lockpic operrides the override :P

I got a post card from Lexus in the mail a few days ago stating that there was a NAV upgrade DVD available for my 2007 RX400h... Will this update allow me to access my full phone contact list and make changes to the NAV system while I'm moving?

Thanks~!

Let me get this straight, for $250 I can update my 06H Nav with new software that will disable my override while in motion, not really update the maps in my region and provide no other important improvements! What a winner!

I believe, for the money, I'll just pick up a garmin with, voice recognition, text to speech, traffic updates, i-pod and bluetooth voice dial.

Let me get this straight, for $250 I can update my 06H Nav with new software that will disable my override while in motion, not really update the maps in my region and provide no other important improvements! What a winner!

I believe, for the money, I'll just pick up a garmin with, voice recognition, text to speech, traffic updates, i-pod and bluetooth voice dial.

Our Garmin's ok for geocaching (its a game ... pretty fun), but those too, can be a major rip off. When it comes to upgrades? Our garmin ... can get an update that's 2 years newer than what you have, for HUNDREDS, only to find out your 5 year old community, with 10's of thousands of homes, are STILL not yet incorporated into the new edition. (shaking head)

Our Garmin's ok for geocaching (its a game ... pretty fun), but those too, can be a major rip off. When it comes to upgrades? Our garmin ... can get an update that's 2 years newer than what you have, for HUNDREDS, only to find out your 5 year old community, with 10's of thousands of homes, are STILL not yet incorporated into the new edition. (shaking head)

No guarantee that this won't happen for your $250 Lexus upgrade.....