2008 Infiniti M

SW03ES

Oh I'm not buying anything right now. Mine's still a great car and its paid for.

"its paid for."

Isn't it a great feeling? You have a wonderful car and it is all yours. You can sock away what you would pay in car payments and interest and pay cash for your next car in a few years -- a gently used one, perhaps a three year old LS460, bought new by some old !Removed! who has taken excellent care of it and eaten the major portion of the depreciation. That gently used LS460 will likely cost you less than a new ES350 or what ever the ES is called by then.

Maybe one of our favorite O.F.s will be really to turn loose of his LS460 in a few years -- do you hear me RFeldes? :rolleyes:

Now if we can just get amf1932 to by an LS460 and pass it on to one of us in a few years...

• 3 weeks later...

I drove a new 08 M35 without the sport package today. Again, I was very impressed with the way it rode and drove. Firmer than the Lexus no doubt, but not harsh at all. I suspect when you got it home and adjusted the tire pressures it'd ride even better.

The technology these guys have is so far superior to Toyota/Lexus'. I drove the M and a new Nissan Murano today. Built in iPod plugs which use the controller as the iPod wheel, much better control and interface over audio, bluetooth, and nav. Playing with the Lexus afterwards it is just immediately apparent.

Now...I don't know how it all would work 10 years down the road...

Steve, I think I would still take an LS over the Infiniti M personally. But I like the idea of the M35 AWD too.....is that a consideration for you?

I hate to say it (not ment at all to be an insult at all to the Infiniti......just an observation is all) but from the side view.....the M reminds me of a Subaru Legacy sedan....just a little larger overall. When comparing the M to an LS.....I think the LS is much more classy personally. ;)

:cheers:

Oh absolutely the LS is more car, but it also costs $17k+ more.

Get one that is slightly used like you mentioned when the timing is good for you & save some of the depreciation......I think in the long run you just might be happier with that decision. ;)

I sat in a couple of them today (pre-owned 05s and 06s). They're still great cars...but just like before I really prefer a new car...plus I couldn't lease it.

I think what would keep me from doing the Infiniti would be the dealer. The local dealer here (theres only one) just pales in comparison to the Lexus dealers.

SWO, any possibility of a lease program from a local credit union? I know some use to do this, not sure if they do today with rates where they are.

• 11 months later...

I'm thinking about replacing the Mazda with an 06' M35x. They appear to be coming off lease now, and very reasonably priced. I've seen several in the Chicago area in the low $20's asking price ranges, with 30k on the clock, fully loaded. Here in Raleigh, they're still in the mid to high $20ks.

Anybody have any experience with these lately?

EDIT: scratch that...I'm leaning more towards saving the money and trading in the Mazda for a used GS300. I'm having an internal argument with maintaining the payments of the Mazda, when I won't be driving that much anymore to begin with. But, need a second car. I'm amazed at how cheap cars are becoming now. Several GS's in the Chicago land area with around 75k-100k on the clock, for under $10k ASKING.

So ultimately, what do you think you will go with when the time comes for a new (newer) vehicle? :)

I think probably an '06 LS430 (or an '07 LS460 if the right one came along) or a new ES350 or GS350.

So ultimately, what do you think you will go with when the time comes for a new (newer) vehicle? :)

I think probably an '06 LS430 (or an '07 LS460 if the right one came along) or a new ES350 or GS350.

:lol: So your definatley almost positive, you think.....LOL!!!!